T6 rear load side step too shallow

Cooper

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I picked my nice new (to me) load area mat today from a very nice forum member. All fitted lovely until I came to refit the side door step..... as you can see from the photos below, the increase in thickness of floor means the existing side step doesn’t fit. I’ve had a quick search and I recon I may need a kombi side step. Before I order one, can any advise on the depth of the kombi step? My current step is about 65mm for reference. So if a kombi one is circa 75mm I’m good to go.

F65AFDB7-E3DC-489C-ADF9-61CA45EE846B.jpeg

AE923F30-224D-4AC2-9878-B6BED85178F9.jpeg

You definitely need the kombi step as it allows for the depth of floor you have just fitted

Yes, from memory it adds around 15mm I think and will work with your new flooring

hiya do we know of one deeper than the combi?

I've done pro van floor insulation straight on to van metal factory floor that i painfully levelled up with sika flex/6 mm ply pieces in the gaps...
so all level to top of factory raised bits.
(cost a bomb...still unconvinced tbh)
9mm ply painfully cut out and done in nearly one piece with 20 bloooooody seat bracket holes...

im going to have issues with side step, seat bracket top trims etc etc...

so wished now i'd just left rubber floor in...but hey...we start these things dont we...
debating on different floor insulations that will drop it 5mm at a guess....

i can take pics if assists, i know my yorkshire lingo can make it difficult at times (i type like i think lol)

even thou i have put wood down in many lower areas...and god its stuck down...
would it be bad to bin the pro van floor and just sound deaden the floor on to metal and over the wooden bits.. (adding 3mm) and then put the ply on top of this?
this theory would cure my nightmares...

also wastes 200 pounds worth of "pro van floor" sound deaden/insulation...

hiya do we know of one deeper than the combi?

I've done pro van floor insulation straight on to van metal factory floor that i painfully levelled up with sika flex/6 mm ply pieces in the gaps...
so all level to top of factory raised bits.
(cost a bomb...still unconvinced tbh)
9mm ply painfully cut out and done in nearly one piece with 20 bloooooody seat bracket holes...

im going to have issues with side step, seat bracket top trims etc etc...

so wished now i'd just left rubber floor in...but hey...we start these things dont we...
debating on different floor insulations that will drop it 5mm at a guess....

i can take pics if assists, i know my yorkshire lingo can make it difficult at times (i type like i think lol)
Caravelle step is deeper than Kombi

my kombi has come with the 80mm.... thought caravelle was same? pal has one and measured his?

Back