T6 instrument cluster glass replacement

Spotless

Does anyone know if the T6 instrument cluster glass in front of you can be changed? I’ve got a small crack in mine and I’m being told that you can’t get the glass separately although I think the glass can be removed, been looking to see if I can find someone that can replace it? Unless someone on here is got one?

I'm sure you can find a second hand one or one being sold for spares and take one from that maybe?

Does anyone know if the T6 instrument cluster glass in front of you can be changed? I’ve got a small crack in mine and I’m being told that you can’t get the glass separately although I think the glass can be removed, been looking to see if I can find someone that can replace it? Unless someone on here is got one?
Maybe there was an outcome to this thread

Hello,
I also have this problem and would be interested in any advice given.
Many thanks
Gareth

T6.1, the glass/plastic is part of the whole casing. Can be swapped but didn’t look like a quick pop on-off job. I had a look when a friend had scratched his.

Cheers Harvey,
I was thinking about buying a couple of “internally damaged units and doing some experiments. I believe I could replace the glass with a little bit of luck and some patience. That said -
I understand the real skill is the deconstruction and reconstruction of the dash without leaving any marks/ scratches etc.
Or do I bite the bullet and go to VW.
The van is mint apart from this issue, I guess it’s a first world problem but to put into context my last caddy had slight damage to one of the radio controls and I had that repaired. (I apologize )
If anyone has the skills ?
Many thanks Harvey for getting back
Gareth

If it bugs you it needs to be done. The one I looked at doing had very fine scratches from cleaning only noticeable in a certain light but it annoyed him and he wanted it changed. If I get chance next Week I’ll try and get a pic.

The glass (plastic) will be welded to the case. Almost certainly VERY difficult to remove without doing significant damage all round. Possibly the best option would be to find a cheap (?non functioning) cluster and using this to replace the outer plastic and lens as a complete unit. These normally just clip together and are relatively easy to put together.

Back