Rear Kombi seat won’t tilt forward

IrishT6

Hi all, some help needed!!!
I’ve a 2017 Kombi and one of the rear seats won’t tilt forward, I know what the problem is and have a new plastic hook to replace & hopefully solve the issue!!!!!!!
My question is has anyone ever successfully managed to tilt the seat by hooking the latch manually so I can remove the seat?
The seat can’t be removed unless tilted forward first.
I can get it out the other way but this time I’m trying to minimise the work needed

Hi all, some help needed!!!
I’ve a 2017 Kombi and one of the rear seats won’t tilt forward, I know what the problem is and have a new plastic hook to replace & hopefully solve the issue!!!!!!!
My question is has anyone ever successfully managed to tilt the seat by hooking the latch manually so I can remove the seat?
The seat can’t be removed unless tilted forward first.
I can get it out the other way but this time I’m trying to minimise the work needed

Are you talking about the seat back rest wont tip or the seat base wont unhook out of the floor?

If its the feet/floor connection I don't think you can get to release it without unbolting the 8mm and 10mm bolts that hold the foot into the leg of the seat, then remove seat and try to unhook the foot. Difficult to photo but the pin that the plastic hook hooks onto has to be pulled upwards and in the locked position that is quite deep down and difficult to see in the lock.

IMG_7365~photo.JPG

IMG_7366~photo-full.jpg

IMG_7367~photo.JPG

Are you talking about the seat back rest wont tip or the seat base wont unhook out of the floor?

If its the feet/floor connection I don't think you can get to release it without unbolting the 8mm and 10mm bolts that hold the foot into the leg of the seat, then remove seat and try to unhook the foot. Difficult to photo but the pin that the plastic hook hooks onto has to be pulled upwards and in the locked position that is quite deep down and difficult to see in the lock.

View attachment 224608

View attachment 224609

View attachment 224610
Hi pal yeah that’s kinda it, I managed to do it and replaced the part which the new part looks to be modified so hopefully won’t happen again, tricky enough oul job as the quick release system on the seat won’t work unless seat is tilted which I wasn’t able to do as one of the cables had come off from their relevant hooks!
It’s working but it’s not right , I’m not happy with the angle of the cable going onto the new part but it will do for now!
It’s a job for a warm summers day with plenty of light …. LOL

My Kombi single rear seat jams up occasionally. It was stuck for a few weeks then randomly started working again. I've had a good look in the mechanism but can't see anything loose or worn that may be getting in the way.
When it happens now I can get it to tilt if I move the lever up and down quickly while wiggling the seat. Not very scientific I know but it seems to free the issue.

My Kombi single rear seat jams up occasionally. It was stuck for a few weeks then randomly started working again. I've had a good look in the mechanism but can't see anything loose or worn that may be getting in the way.
When it happens now I can get it to tilt if I move the lever up and down quickly while wiggling the seat. Not very scientific I know but it seems to free the issue.
Hi, yeah no I found the issue with mine the actual cable had come off its hook so it was never gonna open the latch

20240102_173153~3.jpg

20240102_173148~2.jpg

In my case, one side of the catch release the other won't, because you can see in the first picture, there is a spring tensioner missing.

Interesting. I'll have another look at mine as the focus was on jamming versus missing pieces!
I would assume (because I honestly don't know) that the springs would be to keep it locked?

Back