T6 Headliner Bracket Question

Kaveman100

Hi new to the forum and was after some information please. Have bought an 2nd hand original T6 caravelle headliner with brackets/fittings etc. The headliner has 4 square cut outs in each corner and I can work out what brackets/covers/bolts are to be used and where these are fitted in the vans rear framework. What I was after is how the hex bolts are fastened as I have no nuts/fixings to fasten with. When I search on the part numbers it refers to net partition brackets so I can’t find any info on how these should be fastened.Any guidance would be really helpful. Thanks

If you just have the hex holes in the chassis then there are hex rivnuts that go in them and take the bolts
@StudleyGlass did this and may have a picture ??

I will have a look and see if i do.

Are you fitting the headlining into kombi them ?

Had a look and the manual shows the headliner as just clipped in with a couple of screws in the front part which hold the light cluster in. The remainder seems to be clips.

check the page serial numbers as the pics didn’t download in order.

15581B90-F4FC-491F-A066-F705CDA90EE7.png

F968662A-DD0A-4189-BAA0-994E372A057D.png

5EA44942-8753-4EC4-933E-9294FFA1AA4F.png

D5E4F7CC-2FB3-48F5-B4E9-01D63551CED7.png

2A910DF5-9691-4D55-9E51-5E67D63C24CA.png

There are a few shots in this thread may help Kombi Caravelle .

The roof is not a straightforward fit into a kombi as the rear quarter panels are different to a caravelle chassis , which has windows. You will need to trim the roof lining back a bit were it goes into the rear quarter panel. Not a great jon TBH as it is a bit of guesswork to get it correct

All the fixing holes are there for the grab rails and brackets but you will need to fit the rivet nuts into them to attache the parts.

Few more shots i have that may help.

20180825_145529.jpg

20180825_151430.jpg

20181017_162113.jpg

There are a few shots in this thread may help Kombi Caravelle .

The roof is not a straightforward fit into a kombi as the rear quarter panels are different to a caravelle chassis , which has windows. You will need to trim the roof lining back a bit were it goes into the rear quarter panel. Not a great job TBH as it is a bit of guesswork to get it correct

All the fixing holes are there for the grab rails and brackets but you will need to fit the rivet nuts into them to attache the parts.

Few more shots i have that may help.

View attachment 63441

View attachment 63444

View attachment 63445

Thanks for the tips and pics have really helped understand what lays ahead.

Hi I’m about to do the same, did you manage to overcome all the issues fitting the headlining, i have brackets and handles but no bolts or fixings in the chassis
It’s part of converting a kombi interior to caravelle as I didn’t want carpet
I’m close to giving up!

Back