T6 Headliner needed, as well as advice.

Bentley T6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,

I am after a replacement headliner for a T6. I had a sunroof originally but after a HiLo fitted the existing headliner was carpet lined (against my wishes) which leaves it sagging and too thick to line through with the door seals.

I’m looking to try and get a Caravelle or shuttle headliner as I think it matches the original sunroof console I had. If anyone has any advice, where to possibly obtain one or what I can possibly do, please help.

Photos attached of my current headliner and then one of what I’m thinking I need. Ultimately I would like to suede line it black but for now I just need to get it sorted.

4751C6E5-0CA1-45E1-8817-4AF7295D7FEE.jpeg

F37C9538-F0E1-45A8-95EC-8B2ABE3ADBA6.jpeg

607887E8-3948-4144-9F91-D6BBC43CF889.png

HI , I have just fitted a sunroof in to my T6, So i have the original head lining and center consul and the loom, I also have a head liner for a sunroof version if you interested. Cheers Steve

HI , I have just fitted a sunroof in to my T6, So i have the original head lining and center consul and the loom, I also have a head liner for a sunroof version if you interested. Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks so much for the message. I ordered one from Poland on Friday so waiting to see if that arrives and works. If not I will certainly take you up in that. Does the non sunroof one have the same console as my earlier photos?

thanks again

Andy

ironically I have the sunroof still on eBay which came out of mine.

Hi Steve,

thanks so much for the message. I ordered one from Poland on Friday so waiting to see if that arrives and works. If not I will certainly take you up in that. Does the non sunroof one have the same console as my earlier photos?

thanks again

Andy

ironically I have the sunroof still on eBay which came out of mine.
HI Andy, no its different but i do have the consul that fits in it, i think its longer than the sunroof version.

HI Andy, no its different but i do have the consul that fits in it, i think its longer than the sunroof version.
Actually Andy you might be able to answer a question for me , im in the process of running the drain tubes, do you know if the from ones run on the outside of the A pillar ie between the cover and the pillar itself ?
Cheers Steve

Can i ask where you got the over head console clock from, im liking that but mine is just a blank plate.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

I think the headliner I have ordered should match the one I already have. Took some finding but fingers crossed it works.

The clock is actually an auxiliary warm up heater that came with the van. It allows you to preheat the van before getting in. Not used it much but agree it’s nice to see the console with something in it.

with the drain tubes, yes they run down the a pillar behind the trim. I’ve just tried to get a photo but don’t have one on my phone. I can get you one at the weekend as I have them front and back on my HiLo roof.
B399699F-790E-4F52-9326-0D4D2862D541.png

Hi Steve,

I think the headliner I have ordered should match the one I already have. Took some finding but fingers crossed it works.

The clock is actually an auxiliary warm up heater that came with the van. It allows you to preheat the van before getting in. Not used it much but agree it’s nice to see the console with something in it.

with the drain tubes, yes they run down the a pillar behind the trim. I’ve just tried to get a photo but don’t have one on my phone. I can get you one at the weekend as I have them front and back on my HiLo roof.
View attachment 113209
Cheers Andy , yea if you can that would be good , but now I know they run on the outside I can start to look at them cheers buddy

Did you not just consider re-trimming it. Materials very close to the OEM are very easy to find.
They glued the carpet to the headliner and I tried to peel it away and it started to fall apart.... I think it’s safer to start again.... I have seen some headliner material and that was my original intention but going suede now.

Hi, can I ask where you got the headliner in the end.
I need one for a t6.1 and struggling to find any??
Thanks, Daryl

Hi, can I ask where you got the headliner in the end.
I need one for a t6.1 and struggling to find any??
Thanks, Daryl
Hi Daryl,

After lots of messing around and trying used headliners I found I needed a specific one that came with the van then modified it. Ended up speaking to local Vw dealer and buying direct. They helped out with a bit of discount but still expensive. Few images below if it helps.

1CDBF271-FEB6-4AC2-AEB8-0BFC38EB7F7C.jpeg

39C9B471-36F1-4F48-BDFC-99333543F518.jpeg

28526153-4915-46ED-9FE4-A89F4EB49F9A.jpeg

3B118737-C406-46C4-A681-834415DA5BE6.jpeg

EA2F8192-6FE3-47A0-AB36-9F26A08CA5DB.jpeg

D5D52722-53FE-45C0-80FE-31867D36CFBE.jpeg

A436D34A-4B67-4C4E-832B-CF4721709843.jpeg

9CF31F93-3DEA-4A3E-9D9A-BB838DE29AD7.jpeg

BB7DF21F-13AA-4726-A24D-5DBAC4EF13BB.jpeg

Hi Daryl,

After lots of messing around and trying used headliners I found I needed a specific one that came with the van then modified it. Ended up speaking to local Vw dealer and buying direct. They helped out with a bit of discount but still expensive. Few images below if it helps.

View attachment 156449

View attachment 156450

View attachment 156451

View attachment 156452

View attachment 156453

View attachment 156454

View attachment 156455

View attachment 156456

View attachment 156457
Hi Daryl,

View attachment 156449

View attachment 156450

View attachment 156451

View attachment 156452

View attachment 156453

View attachment 156454

View attachment 156455

View attachment 156456

View attachment 156457
Hi Daryl,

View attachment 156449

View attachment 156450

View attachment 156451

View attachment 156452

View attachment 156453

View attachment 156454

View attachment 156455

View attachment 156456

View attachment 156457

Thats great thank you. It's the conclusion I've come to as there doesn't seem to be much around and no easy way of finding the exact parts. To be honest I don't think that price looks too bad so if I can get it for around that number and it's the correct part then I'll be happy.

Now to see if my local dealer are as helpful as yours.......

Cheers

Thats great thank you. It's the conclusion I've come to as there doesn't seem to be much around and no easy way of finding the exact parts. To be honest I don't think that price looks too bad so if I can get it for around that number and it's the correct part then I'll be happy.

Now to see if my local dealer are as helpful as yours.......

Cheers
I contacted the below people .. really helpful they are breaking VW vans weekly… when I collected my headliner they had a few T6.1 being dismantled.

Back