T6 fuel gauge stopped working

Jayt6moneypit

Had T6 a week (66 plate)

I have removed front seats and fitted pop top roof and now fuel gauge has stopped registering

startline clocks if that makes any difference

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Had T6 a week (66 plate)

I have removed front seats and fitted pop top roof and now fuel gauge has stopped registering

startline clocks if that makes any difference

thanks in advance
Did you ever cure this problem?
I have exactly the same problem with a 66 T6 which I bought from a professional converter this week. I asked them to fit a diesel heater and now I note that the fuel gauge will not go above 50% despite filling up to the top with 71 Litres of fuel. The range indicated also seems to tie in with there only being half a tank. I suspect the installer has somehow obstructed the movement of the level sensor when putting the fuel pipe in but suspecting and proving are two different things. I am trying to gather as much data as possible before going back to the converters and asking them to drop the tank and remove the seat again to check their installation.

I would agree with your assessment.
As you may have seen in another thread my assessment (made on the basis of the help given by members of this forum) was proven correct. The converter dropped the tank and corrected the error within 24 hours. He expressed his admiration at my ability to diagnose the cause of the fault so accurately. Kudos to the T6forum. VIP Membership payment made.

Last edited:
Back