fuel gauge not working after fitting swivel base.

andy_b102

VIP Member
Hi there I bought a brand new pre reg T6 a few weeks ago to convert.

I've had the dash out to run the B2B and had the passenger seat base out, altered the wires and fitted a swivel base.

the problem I’m now having is the fuel gage isn’t working!

I've removed the base and checked for trapped wires and crushed block connectors and all seems fine but still no luck!

has anyone had this or can anyone give me resistance readings etc to check at the red block under the seat to check the sender or where and which fuse could it have blown?

thanks for replies

Hi i have a new T6 the fuel gage has stopped working after fitting swivel base and running B2B through dash! had base out. not trapped wires and connectors fine! please help! TIA

double posting . . .

have a look here:

fuel2 shows the schematic.

the fuel sender unit has 3 wires.

br/ws - brown/white - chassis earth
vi/sw - purple/black - signal to dash panel J285
vi - purple - 5v refernce

you can see that there is a join in the cable under the front seats (T6b - 6pin red connector)

you should be able to test the sender and wire from that point.

the sensor has a ground and 2 wires that run back direct to the front dash clocks via the red connector block under the front seat.

VCDS should give you a fault code relating to a wire short/open etc or a level sensor - out of range etc?

or just test at the red block for the signal and reference voltage . . . . . or shorts/opens.

there is no fuse as such for the sender unit as its fred directly from the dash clocks (which will have a separate fuse)

the fuel lift pump and relay are fused seperately - but thats a different issue, not yours

Attachments

Back