T6 Forum Members Favourite Campsites.

New favourite site is Grange Farm on the Isle of Wight. Went there this weekend to watch the last day of the Tour of Britain but of course that was cancelled. However as the ferry and campsite was booked I went with my son and grand daughter anyway. As we were non EHU there were only three other vans there, T6s as it happens and we took prime spot on the clifftop. The beach below is the one where a full size dinosaur was found so it's great for fossil hunting which pleased my thirteen year old grand daughter. Some nice rollers too so should be good for surfing. My son who’s a vegan was pleased and surprised to find a fully vegan bistro in Godshill which must be the prettiest village on the Island and I have to admit it was quality food. Perhaps not for families that like a big commercial site but for anyone nostalgic for the pre motorway days the island is perfect.

IMG_2041.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 19.29.44.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 19.28.47.jpeg

New favourite site is Grange Farm on the Isle of Wight. Went there this weekend to watch the last day of the Tour of Britain but of course that was cancelled. However as the ferry and campsite was booked I went with my son and grand daughter anyway. As we were non EHU there were only three other vans there, T6s as it happens and we took prime spot on the clifftop. The beach below is the one where a full size dinosaur was found so it's great for fossil hunting which pleased my thirteen year old grand daughter. Some nice rollers too so should be good for surfing. My son who’s a vegan was pleased and surprised to find a fully vegan bistro in Godshill which must be the prettiest village on the Island and I have to admit it was quality food. Perhaps not for families that like a big commercial site but for anyone nostalgic for the pre motorway days the island is perfect.

View attachment 172380

View attachment 172381

View attachment 172383

View attachment 172384
Went there about 10 years ago in my Bay Window and lost the awning in the night to 100mph winds...that was interesting!
Nice site, but from a google satellite view, the camping fields are somewhat reduced compared to when we were there due to coastal erosion, so not sure I'd be too comfortable with a cliff top pitch now.

Went there about 10 years ago in my Bay Window and lost the awning in the night to 100mph winds...that was interesting!
Nice site, but from a google satellite view, the camping fields are somewhat reduced compared to when we were there due to coastal erosion, so not sure I'd be too comfortable with a cliff top pitch now.

I can understand the high winds as it is exposed to the South Westerlies. It was flat calm last weekend and the cliff stayed there, so we got lucky. However we are bound to go back so next time I’ll take note of what you said and will park for safety rather than view. :think smile bounce:

View attachment 66143
This was nice, outside Ullapool somewhere, I think it’s called port a bhaigh campsite, we turned late and hadn’t booked so we didn’t get beach front but still nice views. Best thing though was that there was a pub right there serving proper beer and pub grub!
Also stayed there this year , we loved it ,I watched otters playing in the sea the campsite beach was lush

We down 3 cliffs bay Gower Wales next week for the week hopefully weather be kind to us..
Funny, when I wrote the comment quoted above by shropchris in 2020 you wrote just after that you were heading there. You must rate it if you keep returning!

View attachment 172380

View attachment 172381

View attachment 172383

View attachment 172384
Glad you enjoyed it. I live not to far away and go to The Taverners pub in Godshill for a meal out when we can. Although small, Godshill is a nice little place. Did you explore anywhere else?

This is only the second time I’ve taken the van @Navyboy75. The first time I went with my son, who does a lot of bike racing and a team mate. So each day while they were pounding round the island training and gathering KOMs I could go off and indulge myself. My ancestors were all shipwrights in the Cowes area so I could follow their trail. I did get to see Carisbroke Castle though. Didn’t do a lot this time because three generations have different interests. We were going to do Alum Bay and the chair lift but my son was concerned about not missing the ferry so we just went along to Freshwater Bay where she had a splash about in the sea.

I am looking to go camping either salcombe or Cornwall I have a small inflatable boat and outboard so finding a campsite with launching would be ideal.
Have left it late again this year which will probably reduce my options and my ideal campsite is a quiet one without someone pitched up close to me with a bloody television on all night.
Probably best to stay home and go in January

If you're talking about during school holidays, they're all likely to be choccas but if you do find a quiet one, please go to the upper field and say hello to the unicorn for me.

Back