T6 Forum Members Favourite Campsites.

Nice down Gower . 3 cliffs Bay . And bank farm in Horton nice aswell . We got a kontiki 6 berth and a kombi t6 also...lads great. There. Take care all happy camping......

Just googled Gower
That’s another impressive looking place

Andy

Yes nice mate Myself and Mrs and our 4 whippets down there alot in summer....nice walks on coastlines aswell.

Short break ...to Butt farm Beverly Nr Hull ( last year).....we had a real bizarre experience on site they have a WW2 anti aircraft battery...............
but a single Poppy flower was in full bloom. Very moving

3807150F-CD88-4513-8179-4F5AB774403D.jpeg1E1B6269-FD91-4A1C-A172-D29C42426110.jpeg73F8C403-35BB-4CB2-BE3F-5157664D15A2.jpeg96B39E02-CD60-4182-84A0-5DC2400E196F.jpeg

Last edited:
We stay in bank farm gower awesome views clean site loads room ideal place for Welsh vw meet maybe in summer lads be great...take care all be safe..

We are staying @ Bargoed farm, Aberaeron west Wales. I would highly recommend.
Beautiful restaurant and farm shop, Dog Friendly and hot tubs on your pitch perfect winter getaway will definitely be back soon.

24768446-6315-4969-9600-D5DCB284D481.jpeg

7E4F2374-B103-467F-9B56-8AEEF65DFC37.jpeg

Beautiful restaurant and farm shop, Dog Friendly and hot tubs on your pitch perfect winter getaway will definitely be back soon.

View attachment 141952
The very small germaphobe part of me keeps hoping that they change the water and disinfect those hot tubs after each and every new visitor to the pitch. Wallowing in somebody else's flaking skin and maybe even bodily fluids just doesn't do it for me! Mind you, that's a cracking view.

The very small germaphobe part of me keeps hoping that they change the water and disinfect those hot tubs after each and every new visitor to the pitch. Wallowing in somebody else's flaking skin and maybe even bodily fluids just doesn't do it for me! Mind you, that's a cracking view.
Never thought about it like that
£35 deposit and they take water samples 3 times a day, if you do mistreat the hot tubs they take your deposit and drop and change the water.
Got to be fair it was spotless, and there are pitches available without hot tubs for the germaphobes

Just down from the Three Cliffs campsite on The Gower is here Nicholaston Farm Touring Caravan and Campsite | Camping in Gower it is a great site with excellent showers etc. There is a path that takes you down through the woods and the dunes to the beach. Easy access to the coastal path too. I was last there in a tent in 2020. There were loads of VW campers on there at the time.

Tip top tip. If you decide to walk to Oxwich Bay to the pub via the beach (45 mins walk or so) make sure that you leave in plenty of time before sunset to walk back (or take a good torch). We didn’t, it got very dark and all we had was the torches on our phones, subsequently getting lost in the woods. That was an interesting walk back!

This is what my wife’s phone illuminated! I did offer to call us a cab but she said we’d be ok, lol. Guess who subsequently got the blame?

51824898615_0e1dac9028_c.jpgUntitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just down from the Three Cliffs campsite on The Gower is here Nicholaston Farm Touring Caravan and Campsite | Camping in Gower it is a great site with excellent showers etc. There is a path that takes you down through the woods and the dunes to the beach. Easy access to the coastal path too. I was last there in a tent in 2020. There were loads of VW campers on there at the time.

Tip top tip. If you decide to walk to Oxwich Bay to the pub via the beach (45 mins walk or so) make sure that you leave in plenty of time before sunset to walk back (or take a good torch). We didn’t, it got very dark and all we had was the torches on our phones, subsequently getting lost in the woods. That was an interesting walk back!

This is what my wife’s phone illuminated! I did offer to call us a cab but she said we’d be ok, lol. Guess who subsequently got the blame?

View attachment 142026Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr
Patently obvious to me that it was your fault!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Booked for 2nd to 4th December 2022. Earliest I could get for a weekend with hot tub. Just realised it's West Wales, not Gower Peninsula, so a bit further travel than I had planned for.

Are beaches and pubs within walking distance?

View attachment 142026Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr
I’ll never forget that area on the Gower. Back in 1977, in the extremely long hot summer and before any commercial camp sites, we were introduced by some girls from Port Talbot that we knew to Three Cliffs Bay…paradise! One evening we all went to a fancy dress party. Naturally we all got very drunk and we were going home on a bus when it suddenly terminated in the middle of nowhere and the driver chucked us off. Even the local girls didn’t know what to do. Can you imagine this group of six drunken people dressed as, among other things, a fairy, a bear and I think there was a roman soldier too, wandering around a remote farming area in the middle of the night. Now, the bit I’m not proud of but it’s funny in retrospect. Me, dressed as an Arab and the bear were caught in an open barn with the other weird characters looking on, trying to hot wire a car…by the owner of the car! I can only imagine we didn’t get arrested as no damage was done and the farmer was still telling the story in the pub years later. :slow rofl:

Booked for 2nd to 4th December 2022. Earliest I could get for a weekend with hot tub. Just realised it's West Wales, not Gower Peninsula, so a bit further travel than I had planned for.

See you there, that’s our anniversary weekend so we are have booked there too! Newquay for beaches but I’d choose aberaeron for food/drinks, need to book the harbourmaster for a meal to see if it’s as good as it was a few years ago

The long hot summer was in 1976 I believe - just sayin' :whistle:
You’re probably right @Bav. Those years are all a bit of a haze now. I remember the weather being virtually guaranteed and heading to the Gower peninsular on a number weekends. In an old Luton Transit that I used for Heathrow airfreight deliveries.

You’re probably right @Bav. Those years are all a bit of a haze now. I remember the weather being virtually guaranteed and heading to the Gower peninsular on a number weekends. In an old Luton Transit that I used for Heathrow airfreight deliveries.
Yeah, they were a haze - a heat haze :cool:

Make sure you book a table at the Moody Cow as soon as you arrive (or even before you go as it gets booked up) The food is excellent and locally sourced.

Easy to walk to Aberaeron or New Quay on coastal paths with pubs and cafes there. You can get the bus back and the driver will drop you at the site entrance.

Back