T6 Dashboard Query?

Ethan Andrews

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all. anyone know what these two black dots do near the aircon controls highlighted by my green lines?

584AE57B-4ACC-48F9-968D-6AA8D9FF2B2A.jpeg

Yeh standard issue on all Climate control units,

it takes the solar light energy into account as well as ambient air temp etc etc plus various blend door temps to ensure the cabin is at the temp you require. . . . . cleaver stuff.

Does that mean it would be an easy swap to the more fancier looking climate control if the sensors are already there?

Does that mean it would be an easy swap to the more fancier looking climate control if the sensors are already there?

What is the more fancier looking climate control?

I noticed my Highline has the motorised calibration that someone else mentioned. Where you can hold down your HVAC buttons and you can hear the vents calibrating.

But I do sometimes struggle to find a stable heat. It is often all or noting. It certainly puts out a lot of heat and quite quickly. But I would hardly call it climate control.

What is the more fancier looking climate control?

I noticed my Highline has the motorised calibration that someone else mentioned. Where you can hold down your HVAC buttons and you can hear the vents calibrating.

But I do sometimes struggle to find a stable heat. It is often all or noting. It certainly puts out a lot of heat and quite quickly. But I would hardly call it climate control.

The Caravelle/Cali has a digital display with a plus/minus dial instead of a manual temp dial on each side.

The heating comes through hot or cold on the windscreen, there's no in between, face and feet have variable temps.

s-l1600.jpg

Full Climatic Control has the 'auto' button as shown above. This self regulates to the chosen set temperature when 'auto' is set to ON .

The standard manual controls do not provide any automatic temperature regulation.

The Caravelle/Cali has a digital display with a plus/minus dial instead of a manual temp dial on each side.

The heating comes through hot or cold on the windscreen, there's no in between, face and feet have variable temps.

View attachment 53408
Has anyone got experience of fitting this to the Transporter? i could be interested to do this if it offer great temperature regulation rather than the hot / cold of trying to find the right spot on the dial.

Back