Swapped my bench for a captains. Question on wiring…

Gary_M

VIP Member
Today I swapped over my original heated bench seat for a heated captains seat. All went ok apart from a query regarding four plugs from my vans underseat loom and two remaining plugs on the underside of the captains seat.

Both the larger white and black plugs will fit into the black socket. Any idea which one should be plugged in?

I’m also left with a red and green plug and neither will fit into the blue socket due to a raised line (could be taken down if needed). Are these related to the seat belt sensor?

Good news is the heated seat works fine though!!IMG_0083.jpegIMG_0085.jpeg

What model is your van and what model did the seats come out of ?
T6.1 have more sensors/connections in the seat so if it’s T6 seats the wiring won’t match up

Mine is a 2023 T6.1 Highline that I removed the bench from and the single captains seat came from a 2023 T6.1 Kombi.

I messed around with a meter earlier and came to the conclusion that the white and black plugs in the top photo (from the bench) are seat belt switches. I now believe the white plug will go to the black socket in the second photo. The other plugs and sockets are most likely pressure pads in the seats. I’ll try and confirm that tomorrow. Thanks.

Back