T6.1 Kombi Rear Heater Removal help....

SimonPalmer

Hello. My first time posting on here.

Wondering if anyone can help? I have a 2021 T6.1 T30 Kombi and I need to get the rear heater removed. On the sticker on the heater it has HVM. I have seen a video with a sticker on it saying HVAC meaning it is AC. It looks like there are black pipes feeding it so I assume this has air con even though the sticker doesn't say so? Does anyone know anyone in Leicestershire that would be able to remove this heater and cap off the AC for me please? Thanks in advance.

IMG_9088.JPG

Hello. My first time posting on here.

Wondering if anyone can help? I have a 2021 T6.1 T30 Kombi and I need to get the rear heater removed. On the sticker on the heater it has HVM. I have seen a video with a sticker on it saying HVAC meaning it is AC. It looks like there are black pipes feeding it so I assume this has air con even though the sticker doesn't say so? Does anyone know anyone in Leicestershire that would be able to remove this heater and cap off the AC for me please? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 183291
Believe its heating only check the high level display..

Hi, thanks for the reply... sorry but what do you mean by the high level display? Do you mean the display in the centre on the roof? It has basic display of fan speed and hot and cold....
That's what our has and operates rear fan only. Sorry no AC function.

Pretty sure you can just disconnect the 2 lines going to it and link them together.

Pretty sure you can just disconnect the 2 lines going to it and link them together.
Ok that's great - thank you. I'll try to give it a go and remove it myself. The only thing that concerned me is when I looked underneath there was some sort of heat shield below it which I saw in a video sort of related but had a different code on the heater as mine was just HVM and not HVAC. Thanks again,

That will be a heater only. Not air con.
Hi there. So sorry to bother you but you seem to know these vans well! I’m no mechanic but I’ve removed the heat shield below and undone all the bolts so that I can now move the heater unit. The two black pipes going to the unit need to be disconnected. I’ve just gone to release the clips and in doing so one started to drip so I’m guessing they carry hot water?? If I pull them off am I likely to have water gushing everywhere? And is it a case of somehow joining the two pipes together to remove this heater?? Please help!

Not sure if it's the same but took the hvac unit out of a t6 shuttle. The heater pipes in mine connected underneath the van about under the passenger seat, but mine has an auxiliary engine heater. I split mine there and made a connecting pipe from 15mm copper. Entails removing most of the undertray to access. I can't see a problem with simply removing the two pipes at the back and simply connecting them together unless this will have a detrimental effect on the front heating system if it flows round the back continuously?
You will loose some coolant whichever option you choose - top up with correct coolant at the res when engine cold.
I'm always in favour of removing redundant equipment!

Another approach

Not sure if it's the same but took the hvac unit out of a t6 shuttle. The heater pipes in mine connected underneath the van about under the passenger seat, but mine has an auxiliary engine heater. I split mine there and made a connecting pipe from 15mm copper. Entails removing most of the undertray to access. I can't see a problem with simply removing the two pipes at the back and simply connecting them together unless this will have a detrimental effect on the front heating system if it flows round the back continuously?
You will loose some coolant whichever option you choose - top up with correct coolant at the res when engine cold.
I'm always in favour of removing redundant equipment!
Thanks for your reply on this - very helpful.

Another approach
That's a great link - thank you so much for your help on this... Just the right answer for me. I was able to remove the radiator element and hide it behind the panel with no pipe removal. Thanks again.

Reactions: mmi
Hi there. So sorry to bother you but you seem to know these vans well! I’m no mechanic but I’ve removed the heat shield below and undone all the bolts so that I can now move the heater unit. The two black pipes going to the unit need to be disconnected. I’ve just gone to release the clips and in doing so one started to drip so I’m guessing they carry hot water?? If I pull them off am I likely to have water gushing everywhere? And is it a case of somehow joining the two pipes together to remove this heater?? Please help!
Hi there - all sorted now thanks. Thanks again for the comments.

Back