T6 ac pump noisy while idling

Cwt6

Hi I have a t6 done 125000m that has developed a low pitch drone noise like a bearing going while idling, took the belt off and ran it up which made the noise go away so span all pulleys alternator etc and all seem good but when trying the ac pump it seemed to have a fair bit of drag in it but I notice these don’t have a clutch on the pulley! Do they tend to fail often or do they have a clutch inside that isn’t working? Thanks

Hi I have a t6 done 125000m that has developed a low pitch drone noise like a bearing going while idling, took the belt off and ran it up which made the noise go away so span all pulleys alternator etc and all seem good but when trying the ac pump it seemed to have a fair bit of drag in it but I notice these don’t have a clutch on the pulley! Do they tend to fail often or do they have a clutch inside that isn’t working? Thanks
There is no clutch, it’s constant drive.

It could be, seems free though! Going to try a belt and tensioner and see if that helps!

I do notice an occasional whine from the AC especially at idle or when the revs drop between gears.
I am able to stop the noise if I turn the AC off which is weird considering how it works.

Don’t think it’s blue motion is that the ones with adblue? it has 4motion though.
No nothing to do with adblue or 4 Motion, mines a Euro5 and still Bluemotion. Check the V5 registration document and see if the line D.3 Model ends with -BMT.

No nothing to do with adblue or 4 Motion, mines a Euro5 and still Bluemotion. Check the V5 registration document and see if the line D.3 Model ends with -BMT.
Yeah it has bmt on it! So wonder if that’s what’s causing my noise?

It could be, seems free though! Going to try a belt and tensioner and see if that helps!
If you haven’t replaced it before then you’ve done well to get to 125K.
Normally it’s good practice to replace along with the timing belt kit / water pump to reduce labour.

Back