Noisy engine. ( in theory aircon pump bearing)

flyingging

VIP Member
T6 Pro
My van has had the slave cylinder fixed, new clutch and new dual mass.
I asked while they were there to look at the steering pump as noisy on full lock. They replaced the pump but noise still there and I'm now told the aircon pump bearing is noisy too ! I think they replaced the steering pump just for the hell of it (£800 bill ) They said it had a small weep. Not convinced myself. So before i get someone else to replace the aircon pump I'm asking for other people's opinions of this noise and belt movement. Thanks in advance flying ging

My van has had the slave cylinder fixed, new clutch and new dual mass.
I asked while they were there to look at the steering pump as noisy on full lock. They replaced the pump but noise still there and I'm now told the aircon pump bearing is noisy too ! I think they replaced the steering pump just for the hell of it (£800 bill ) They said it had a small weep. Not convinced myself. So before i get someone else to replace the aircon pump I'm asking for other people's opinions of this noise and belt movement. Thanks in advance flying ging
Struggling with posting the vid

What spec van?

I had a Noisy AC bearing on my last T5.1 around 80k.

It was silent OFF AC , then started rumbling when AC was switched ON.

Is yours same?.... Does the sound change when AC on off?

Year? mileages? engine size? van spec?

+++

possible sources -

Auxiliary belt bearing?

timing belt bearings?

water pump bearing?

TB Tensioner bearing?

Alternator bearing?

1651396650152.png

It’s best to stick it on youtube then post a link here.

Pete

Year? mileages? engine size? van spec?

+++

possible sources -

Auxiliary belt bearing?

timing belt bearings?

water pump bearing?

TB Tensioner bearing?

Alternator bearing?

View attachment 155079
2016 euro 5
140bhp
6 speed
4 motion kombi
Famous for crankshaft trying to fall off at 90,000 miles !
Now 114,000

114k . . 2016

so what has been changed already?

timing belt etc should have been done by now

sounds like a bearing rumble? . . . but its hard to tell.

114k . . 2016

so what has been changed already?

timing belt etc should have been done by now

sounds like a bearing rumble? . . . but its hard to tell.
At 90,000 it has a few timing belt fitted due to the crankseal going on the belt side due to 2 sheared crankshaft bolts.
Now it has a new steering pump and recently fitted slave cylinder, clutch and dual mass flywheel. F....... van.
The steering noise is still there. Probably caused by the belt slipping maybe ?
I'll do another video on full lock soon.

Are the pulleys supposed to have play like this ? The new steering pump pulley has sideways play ? The aircon pump has no sideways play only back and forth play. Is that a design to soften engagement or
F.....

The f..... bolts on the pulley to the steering pump are loose !!! Ffs I paid £800 for this part of the job. Can't believe it.

jeez . . .

take it back to them?

thats not right.

more info:

Maybe became loose from Air-conditioning pump play ? Giving them the benefit of the doubt ? 1 bolt out some way and the other 2 not even finger tight.

Does anyone here think that the pulley bolts could have come loose from the so called dodgy bearing on the aircon pump or did they just forget to do the bolts up ?
Only been driven 20 miles or so !

Back