T6 4motion haldex wiring loom

bt435

VIP Member
Hi all,

looking for details about the wiring loom or a flow diagram of the haldex. I'd like to connect a controller box to be able to manually switch the haldex on/off etc.

The T5 had a connector in the left D-column. Is that still the case with the T6?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Have a read of the SSP for the haldex, it's not as simple as "switching it"

Attachments

• SSP-515-The_Golf_2013_Running_Gear_and_Four-wheel_Drive_Concept_Design_and_function.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • SSP+414+++4+motion+with+four+wheel+drive+coupling+generation+IV.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Many thanks Loz!
The switching part is already sorted. I‘m looking for easiest physical access to the wiring loom.

Not sure of your reason for doing this but with carista you can change the haldex mode. There are three max, standard and low. Maybe that helps, sorry if it doesn't.

I'd like to connect a controller box to be able to manually switch the haldex on/off etc.
Care to share the reasoning?

to be able to manually switch the haldex on/off etc.
Actually T6 has a sturdy handle by driver's seat which turns off Haldex coupling. It's called hand brake ;)
The signal hand brake ON (=light on dash) disables Haldex coupling. The same happens when the normal brake is applied (when brake lights turn on).

easiest physical access to the wiring loom.
Either under left seat or by left D-pillar.

Care to share the reasoning?
Offroad use. Having the haldex engaged while going down steep angles on gravel or mud. Preventing it from opening when using the break.
Using the haldex as a center diff-lock.
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.t6forum.com/downloads/awd-all-wheel-drive-wiring-diagram.238/[/URL]

Either under left seat or by left D-pillar.
Thanks!

Bought this unit to control the haldex.

I had a haldex controller on a audi a3 quattro and it made a hell of a difference. I will be getting a haldex controller for my 4mo for 100% fwd for commuting then 50/50 for offroad.

I had a haldex controller on a audi a3 quattro and it made a hell of a difference. I will be getting a haldex controller for my 4mo for 100% fwd for commuting then 50/50 for offroad.
At the risk of taking this thread off course - I suspect that this device can also replace (or should I say - emulate), the mechanical diff lock - if not fitted?

with carista you can change the haldex mode. There are three max, standard and low.
Sorry to crash this thread, which is very interesting and informative, but I am interested in your statement above. What is the difference in the 3 modes ie how do these affect 4wd engagement? Thanks

Sorry to crash this thread, which is very interesting and informative, but I am interested in your statement above. What is the difference in the 3 modes ie how do these affect 4wd engagement? Thanks

Very late reply. Sorry

Technically I don't actually know, hopefully someone on here does. However from what I picked up on the internet it seems that it changes how quickly the haldex engages. For instance I believe later versions of haldex use more sensors and will engaged much earlier like when you are pulling away before wheelspin is actually detected.

From reading someone who had a fast golf (I think) turning it up made the car feel more for 4wd, less understeer etc. Negative is that it uses more fuel and not sure what it actually does to the haldex system. However from what I can see this is something that was program in there by either VW or haldex themselves.

I would also love to know more.

Not sure if this helps it's a little light on technical detail but does say that basically turning it up sets the four-wheel drive to be more active.

I've never had any detectable front wheel slipage on tarmac and only some 4 wheel slipage on muddy terrain so it wouldn't be something that I would benefit from, but in my opinion such a mod could potentially create a problem if you had any transmission problems whilst under warranty.

I've never had any detectable front wheel slipage on tarmac and only some 4 wheel slipage on muddy terrain so it wouldn't be something that I would benefit from, but in my opinion such a mod could potentially create a problem if you had any transmission problems whilst under warranty.

I have a mapped 204. I do find that in the winter, even on winter tires the van will understeer under power when leaving large roundabouts etc. I think the four-wheel drive could be working a bit harder in this situation.

However against increased fuel costs and potential increased haldex wear I haven't been tempted to shift it to max four-wheel drive mode.

I have a mapped 204. I do find that in the winter, even on winter tires the van will understeer under power when leaving large roundabouts etc. I think the four-wheel drive could be working a bit harder in this situation.

However against increased fuel costs and potential increased haldex wear I haven't been tempted to shift it to max four-wheel drive mode.
I suspect you're a more "enthusiastic" driver than me! :slow rofl:

3C7B33F9-3B07-4315-A4A1-EB11F26F9EDE.jpeg

Inspired by this thread I turned it on today. I took her for a short spin on an icy road and it seems to give little bit more kick from the rear when accelerating and little bit less less push (understeer) on bends. Not night and day by any means but then again I don’t drive van like a sports car.

Also I kept watching OBD11 live data -> Haldex clutch status. While up to speed it kept at <1% and really only engaged when accelerating. However I haven’t ever looked at that status without the the adaptation so have nothing to compare against. Anyway… quick results: seems like that adaptation is not really a permanent AWD, just little bit more eager to use rear drive. Needs longer term testing though.

Let’s see but maybe I’ll keep it on through winter, I’m not driving much currently though

Back