T6 140bhp EGR valve adapt and test, and torque settings??

GAW T6

Hi T6 Forum members,

I’m going to embark on replacing my EGR after the usual ongoing insufficient flow fault.
I have a Valeo EGR ready to roll, happy with doing the swap myself, but does anyone know if the VCDS Adapt and test configuration mentioned in YouTube videos is essential (I don’t have VCDS!).
Can Carista do it? Or can it be done another way?

If I have to drive it to someone with VCDS after the swap will that cause any issues if not ‘adapted’?
I don’t want to cause myself more engine issues just trying to save the £££s on this one job!

Also, anyone know the torque settings for the various fastenings?

Cheers in advance!

Hi T6 Forum members,

I’m going to embark on replacing my EGR after the usual ongoing insufficient flow fault.
I have a Valeo EGR ready to roll, happy with doing the swap myself, but does anyone know if the VCDS Adapt and test configuration mentioned in YouTube videos is essential (I don’t have VCDS!).
Can Carista do it? Or can it be done another way?

If I have to drive it to someone with VCDS after the swap will that cause any issues if not ‘adapted’?
I don’t want to cause myself more engine issues just trying to save the £££s on this one job!

Also, anyone know the torque settings for the various fastenings?

Cheers in advance!
There’s an extract from the VW manual regarding the EGR valve / cooler replacement.
You’ll need to upgrade to VIP Membership
Plenty of other info and downloads available when you’ve upgraded your membership.

There’s an extract from the VW manual regarding the EGR valve / cooler replacement.
You’ll need to upgrade to VIP Membership
Plenty of other info and downloads available when you’ve upgraded your membership.
Hi you don’t no we’re the link is to view the Egr swap on the above post do you thanks kirk

Back