T6.1 - VCDS Hex-Can compatibility?

Just checking an old laptop case and discovered a Ross tech VCDS interface, i had completely forgotten i bought one!
Its a genuine one i bought from Gendan i think back in 2014.
Only been used to scan my wife’s old Passat.

Anybody know if i can use this on my T6.1? I’m guessing not because it probably only covers vehicles up to 2014 when it was bought?

Afraid it won’t work properly as the van is too new

what lead it is exactly ?

My old one was that version, I sold it well on eBay sometime last year and upgraded to the latest version.

If you are planning on upgrading to a newer interface you can get a quick sale on eBay - I listed my HEX-USB+CAN on Wednesday with a BIN for £220 + postage and it sold in 90 minutes. Less than an hour later I'd bought my new interface from Gendan (£430) paying with PayPal and using the payment received from my sale.

Ross Tech are offering a £100 trade-in discount but only off unlimited vin interfaces, I effectively saved £220 on a HEXNET2 10 vin and that was here yesterday morning. The one I sold was delivered in Leicester today (Sat).

The gig economy is pretty evil :mad:, but I am a happy bunny with my new interface :cool: (just a shame its raining and I'm in here reading forums when I 'd like to be out there installing my towbar electrics).

Back