T6.1 USB C socket trim panel

I know it's a old posting but thanks for the info, I used a trim tool to remove the cup holder, my USB-c sockets had been push into the cup holder.
It's a flimsy way to hold the USB module in place, I managed to fix it back in place, but I'm sure it will end being pushed back down again.
Does anybody know where I can buy a new USB-C module from, one of the USB sockets isn't working, it goes on and off all the time. It's done that from new, it's crap.

View attachment 198952
Well good news.. After removing the USB-c trim and getting to the usb-c module, I messed about with the data transfer and the electrical supply plugs..pushing them back in place. Then I pushed the usb-c module back in place and fitted trim back. I wasn't confident at all, after all the usbs where dead and not charging my mobile or transferring data. I plugged the usb cable into my mobile and then, my mobile started to charge..I wondered if the infotainment centre would work..Guess what? It all works now, google maps came straight on. well happy. It's worked ever since. Just hope it carrys on working.

Well good news.. After removing the USB-c trim and getting to the usb-c module, I messed about with the data transfer and the electrical supply plugs..pushing them back in place. Then I pushed the usb-c module back in place and fitted trim back. I wasn't confident at all, after all the usbs where dead and not charging my mobile or transferring data. I plugged the usb cable into my mobile and then, my mobile started to charge..I wondered if the infotainment centre would work..Guess what? It all works now, google maps came straight on. well happy. It's worked ever since. Just hope it carrys on working.
I spoke to soon, the usb-c stopped working and android auto wouldn't come on, and my mobile wasn't charging :(. Anyway, I do repair vintage hifi (it's a hobby) if a switch (like the volume) makes a crackling noise I spray a contact cleaner into the switch. The switch contact cleaner is called DEOXIT D5 it always work's. Anyway back to the usb-c problem, I sprayed the cleaner into the usb port and guess what? It worked..the mobile started charging and the infotainment centre came on. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Will update if it goes wrong again..:) By the way, DEOXIT is very expensive.

20240319_190740.jpg

Last edited:
I would have to take my van to pieces to get the P/N it's a big job realy. Anyway I rang the main VW dealer for a price and can't remember exactly how much they quoted me but it was hundreds. The main dealer was willing to have a look at my van ( under warranty) but I'd have to leave it with them for over a week. I decided not to send my van into the dealers and just put up with one socket working. If you have just USB, you can get USB to USB C adapters that just plug in.
The information in this chat has been very useful to me. In case it helps, I attach a photo with the details (california beach camper 2021)

20240401_175038.jpg

20240401_175000.jpg

Well I'm booked in 24th April 2024 at our local VW main Dealer's (Preston) to have them look at our dead USB-C sockets. As mentioned earlier one never worked from new. Am I wasting my time even leaving our van there? With what I'm reading I'm not very hopeful. We are having to leave our van and get a taxi back home, this will cost us over £60. The VW main dealer's in Preston is in the middle of no where. We asked VW could we wait for our van to be looked at, but they said we would have to leave it with them. Not sure what to do.

Well I'm booked in 24th April 2024 at our local VW main Dealer's (Preston) to have them look at our dead USB-C sockets. As mentioned earlier one never worked from new. Am I wasting my time even leaving our van there? With what I'm reading I'm not very hopeful. We are having to leave our van and get a taxi back home, this will cost us over £60. The VW main dealer's in Preston is in the middle of no where. We asked VW could we wait for our van to be looked at, but they said we would have to leave it with them. Not sure what to do.
If you don't need to head home to get to work or something else, then a walk down to Brockholes Nature Reserve could kill a couple of hours rather than waiting at the van centre.

It's about 2 miles away and the walk is mostly off road though there is quite a steep downwards bit partway (and upwards on the way back!). Walking directions here.

If you don't need to head home to get to work or something else, then a walk down to Brockholes Nature Reserve could kill a couple of hours rather than waiting at the van centre.

It's about 2 miles away and the walk is mostly off road though there is quite a steep downwards bit partway (and upwards on the way back!). Walking directions here.
Thanks for the information, appreciated. I would be OK walking to Brockholes but the wife isn't good at walking. Yes I know Brockholes been loads of times
with our grandkids, they love it. Anyway our Daughter has offered to pick us up and bring us back to VW later. :) Thank you.

Back