Indirect TPMS

Gti, mk5 2005
Got a mk7 now. Slight improvement
Development/differences/principles of VW tyre pressure monitoring systems are explained in VW self-study programmes:

Self-study Programme 541 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems 2014 - Design and function

Early systems: "Self-study Programme 347 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems - Design and Function" (published in 2005)

Development/differences/principles of VW tyre pressure monitoring systems are explained in VW self-study programmes:

Self-study Programme 541 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems 2014 - Design and function

Early systems: "Self-study Programme 347 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems - Design and Function" (published in 2005)
I’m not that bothered. Just sharing what I experienced

Reactions: mmi
I'm using OBD11 so for anybody else........
I guess it logs each individual wheel rotation v speed and pings when one changes.

You could have a peek into the mind of the ABS system - in OBDeleven > Control Units > Brakes > Live Data >

_Tire_presssures_diffusion_flat.png
_Wheel_speed_step_counter_T6f_flattened.png

Based on a VCDS data capture - the counters are in the same order as the indicators above (LF-RF-LR-RR)

Would be interesting to see what numbers yours is spitting out - as miles accumulate.

I'm using OBD11 so for anybody else........
Went into 03 ABS then in byte 15 bit 4 there's 2 tick boxes. 1 for TPMS enabled with reset via switch and the other for TPMS enabled with reset via MFD.
Selected the MFD option then hit apply and my ABS lights and Tyre pressure warning lamps lit up on the MFD.
Didn't need to code anything else.
Found the tyre pressure option in the MFD and reset the pressures and all the lights went out.
Will see how it goes over the next few days.
Thanks again everyone for the help.
Worked a treat for my 2016 T6 4motion doka too. Did exactly as you suggested. Champion

Back