T6.1 transporter & Amarok

Alyhels

Still deciding whether to sell my transporter, lovely van but need a bit of space , I also have an 17 plate Amarok V6 took it out today and was amazed to get 40mpg at speeds of 55-60 mph amazing machine

Not looking to burst your bubble, but is 40mpg whilst cruising at those speeds really that impressive? Appreciate it's a V6 and probably way more fun to drive enthusiastically, but in my heavy camper (LWB, T32, 150ps, DSG) fully loaded, I can easily match that consumption when cruising at 65 and I'm confident that would increase by a reasonable margin if I had the patience to drive at 55-60 (which, unfortunately, I don't :rolleyes:).

I get what you’re saying but for an Amarok it’s very impressive , I've heard of 35 mpg but not 40 mpg, the engine has to be running spot on to achieve that.

Not looking to burst your bubble, but is 40mpg whilst cruising at those speeds really that impressive? Appreciate it's a V6 and probably way more fun to drive enthusiastically, but in my heavy camper (LWB, T32, 150ps, DSG) fully loaded, I can easily match that consumption when cruising at 65 and I'm confident that would increase by a reasonable margin if I had the patience to drive at 55-60 (which, unfortunately, I don't :rolleyes:).
I get what you’re saying but for an Amarok it’s very impressive , I've heard of 35 mpg but not 40 mpg, the engine has to be running spot on to achieve that.

Reactions: Bav
Back