T6.1 TPMS sensors

What happened to the sensors out of the original wheels ?

Have you got errors showing because of the missing sensors ?

I just left the original wheels as is, sensors still in them. Thought it would be easier to just put new sensors in the new wheels… the light on the dash flashes then goes solid yellow. The pressures just don’t come up on the screen. There doesn’t seem to be a reset function. Just says drive for 20mins? I did that last night and no difference. Just wondered if I needed to code the new sensors in VCDS or if the sensors I got weren’t right for the T6.1….

Here’s an original sensor out of my 6.1, same frequency but different part number
Not sure on the compatibility of different sensor new ??

@Robert or @Deaky may have an idea as they have retrofitted direct TPMS before

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just left the original wheels as is, sensors still in them. Thought it would be easier to just put new sensors in the new wheels… the light on the dash flashes then goes solid yellow. The pressures just don’t come up on the screen. There doesn’t seem to be a reset function. Just says drive for 20mins? I did that last night and no difference. Just wondered if I needed to code the new sensors in VCDS or if the sensors I got weren’t right for the T6.1….
Can you see your new sensors via VCDS?

Reactions: mmi
I haven’t got VCDS, will try it on a mates one at some point. On that, what is the best VCDS to buy? Thinking about getting it…

Here’s an original sensor out of my 6.1, same frequency but different part number
Not sure on the compatibility of different sensor new ??

@Robert or @Deaky may have an idea as they have retrofitted direct TPMS before

View attachment 181521

View attachment 181522
Ah, And think that is the part number that I found during a search. Think the ones I put in are for earlier model… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe VCDS can re programme???

I haven’t got VCDS, will try it on a mates one at some point. On that, what is the best VCDS to buy? Thinking about getting it…
For T6.1 only the new generation interfaces work properly: VCDS HEX-V2 USB (or the Wi-Fi version VCDS HEX-NET)

@chrisinglis23
Looking at the item on eBay you linked to they look like the ‘previous generation’ VAG TPMS sensors
The T6.1 versions are made by Schrader the ones @Pauly has pictured. My T6.1 was fussy & didn’t even like a ‘ compatible’ one on correct frequency.

If you search the part number vw tpms 2N0907275A on those pictured or look at Schrader website you will see the OEM version & their non VW pt no one (which works).

They don’t need coding at all the system will pick them up within a couple of mins

I think VW uk have an exclusivity deal to sell them in uk (they are made in uk) I got mine from Autodoc in Germany but others have had issues with them supplying different ones.
B098F380-0E25-4D35-AFC6-146352572110.jpeg

Last edited:
@chrisinglis23
Looking at the item on eBay you linked to they look like the ‘previous generation’ VAG TPMS sensors
The T6.1 versions are made by Schrader the ones @Pauly has pictured. My T6.1 was fussy & didn’t even like a ‘ compatible’ one on correct frequency.

If you search the part number vw tpms 2N0907275A on those pictured or look at Schrader website you will see the OEM version & their non VW pt no one (which works.

They don’t need coding at all the system will pick them up within a couple of mins

I think VW uk have an exclusivity deal to sell them in uk (they are made in uk) I got mine from Autodoc in Germany but others have had issues with them supplying different ones.
View attachment 181557
Thanks for your help. Does look like I have got the wrong ones. What a pain in the hoop! Will try and get new ones or maybe just get the original ones out of the original wheels…

@chrisinglis23

If you search the part number vw tpms 2N0907275A on those pictured or look at Schrader website you will see the OEM version & their non VW pt no one (which works).

View attachment 181557
Did your 3108 type work fine?

Did your 3108 type work fine?
Yup they do.
If they actually send you the Schrader ones.

Someone on here ordered them (3108) & they sent a copy, I think this was a while back about 12 months ago.

I got mine ok in August 21’ 16/17months ago.

Calling on expert!
Can TPMS be retrofitted on a brand new T6.1 2022 ???
I can not seems to have TPMS on my van (can't find it anywhere in the infortainment). I thought all 6.1 had it?
Is this simply a matter of adding sensor and coding them, or does it needs a Receiver/Unit to be installed in the van too?
How can I check what I need?

With the change of temperature, I would like to keep an eye on my tyre pressure!

Calling on expert!
I can not seems to have TPMS on my van (can't find it anywhere in the infortainment). I thought all 6.1 had it?
Is this simply a matter of adding sensor and coding them, or does it needs a Receiver/Unit to be installed in the van too?

With the change of temperature, I would like to keep an eye on my tyre pressure!
You will have ‘indirect TPMS’ which works on ABS wheel sensors looking for speed differences between wheels to assess a low ‘different’ pressure to the other wheels.

Direct TPMS with actual pressure sensors on each wheel/tyre requires the sensor valves, an additional TPMS ECU/receiver, wiring for it & coding to the van.

I believe it has/can be retrofitted but not necessarily straight forward @Pauly or @mmi will be better placed to explain

Calling on expert!

There is also very easy way to verify if Direct TPMS is actually onboard. Just check your rims/wheels valves. If the valve neck is flexible and made out of rubber you almost definitely don't have Direct TPMS and if your valve necks are solid and made out of aluminium then there is a good chance that you do have Direct TPMS ;) .

All vans have the capability of indirect TPMS and this feature can be turned on as required, indirect TPMs will not give you exact type pressures but will notify you if one tyre drops in relation to the others (using wheel rotation speed from abs sensors)

Direct TPMS will give you exact tyre pressures but needs sensors fitted in all wheels and a receiver wired in and fitted underneath the van to read the wheel sensors

To be honest we cracked TPMS for 6.1s a while ago and seem to have not posted detailed info on it so leave it with me and I will get a new thread done detailing the vcds changes required to activate indirect TPMS on any vehicle, the changes are basic and anyone with vcds will be able to do it

Yup they do.
If they actually send you the Schrader ones.

Someone on here ordered them (3108) & they sent a copy, I think this was a while back about 12 months ago.

I got mine ok in August 21’ 16/17months ago.
Hey. I got the ones you suggested and they worked within 2-3 minutes. Thanks again for your help!

Back