T6.1 Starter battery 50% limit?

Pidsley

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I've heard that once your starter battery runs flat, the van maintains an error code that only allows the van to recharge the battery to 50% capacity? An only clearing the error code will allow it to charge to full capacity again? Is this correct, as my garage are saying they don't know about this.

Hi, I've heard that once your starter battery runs flat, the van maintains an error code that only allows the van to recharge the battery to 50% capacity? An only clearing the error code will allow it to charge to full capacity again? Is this correct, as my garage are saying they don't know about this.
I have t6.1. And cteck battery monitor. It reads very often as low as 25% and stays there after long ride. If the battery monitor can trusted the battery chargeing has totaly its own mind.
And only some times is charged to 70…80%

I have t6.1. And cteck battery monitor. It reads very often as low as 25% and stays there after long ride. If the battery monitor can trusted the battery chargeing has totaly its own mind.
And only some times is charged to 70…80%
Thank you. What do you use to check the battery status?

Auto electrician spent 2 hours hunting for a draw on the battery. Eventually found it was coming from the telemetrics circuit. Now sorted. Phew

Reactions: mmi
Unfortunately still no resolution. The van has been back to VW and the caravan converter company. VW said there was a huge draw on the starter battery from the leisure side and then washed their hands off it. So the van went back to the converters. They said the battery was dud and replaced it with Yuasa 9000 EFG. they confirmed no draw on the battery when van shut down. It was below 11.7v and failed to start the van 4 days later. I fully recharged it over a week and during the recent cold snap. , however, the battery has now dropped from 12.9v to 12.3v in two days.

Seems to charge ok with either nocos genius or van when engine running.

Not sure where to go from here? any ideas?

Back