T6.1 Sportline front bumper Part-number

Has anyone managed to get anywhere with this?

I was wondering if any other suppliers had come out of the woodwork now they’ve seen what Vanstyle are charging.

I’ve heard a rumour that the front bumper is only around £1100 unpainted from VW.

Interestingly we have been trying to order one from TPS, and its a No, even though we actually own one .....

Been told you can only get a new bumper if yours is damaged but only if it goes through a Vw approved repairer.

And the Vanstyle one is currently unavailable on their site

I was very close to purchasing from Vanstyle, I just sense checked the price with a friend who owns a paint shop and he thought it was a tad expensive so made some enquiries re. prices on parts from VW, we didn’t get as far as ordering anything so unsure if we actually could, but the prices from VW were a lot less than they are on the Vanstyle site.

I'm going to be replacing my standard highline front bumper due to a non fault accident, is there any cheaper alternatives to buying the sportline front bumper than paying 2k plus for the sportline or lvr one? Thanks in advance

Yeah lv, sportline I'd be happy with but don't think be able to wangle the difference in cost of standard one, just wondering if anyone selling or producing similar styles for less than the cost of lv etc otherwise its a splitter being added lol

You can ask the body shop what the difference is in price. You can then top it up. Body shops charge a premium so if you ask nicely I’m sure they will accommodate you….

Okay, def worth an ask if they can price it up to accommodate the sportline bumper, just worry to much of a jump from the price of a standard one. Otherwise an lv chin and splitter it is

I don't know if it's changed, but you have to quote the chassis no. for sportline parts.

Then parts changed by VW themselves or an approved body shop.

That’s what I was told by my Main Dealer anyway

It looks like the red trim on the front grill is just a Highline chrome one painted? Is this in two parts or one and would anyone have the part numbers as am looking at getting mine replaced with better painted ones. The right hand one seems to be particularly badly painted.

IMG_7330.jpeg

Anybody any joy with sportline body kit? Any easier with Tps to order I’d have vin number ?

TPS told me that you will only get Sportline parts if you can prove you own a Sportline by giving a photo of the V5 , VIN on the B pillar, and a photo of the damaged part that needs replacing. That goes for a lot of limited production vehicles within VAG
I agree with the policy even though it may be considered restrictive practice.

Still the same, you have to take the vehicle to a dealer to verify it's a Sportline, or send pics of the V5 and VIN.

Back