T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

Had an update from JCB Ashford today, apparently my Sportline pv will be built in June :D and once it’s been in the hands of MSRT should be at the dealers August:cool: I’m just hoping he means 2022 and not 2023:oops: :rofl: Let’s see!! Oh and no mention of a price increase, did not want to press him just yet, i have buried my head in the sand:whistle::D

ps, ordered June 21
Lucky man.
What colour did you go for?
Or is it a black edition?

Yeah will do , getting it fitted on the 1st June , kit all came today , looks like quality stuff , heavy !
I am interested in hearing your comments once fitted.
The amp/ dsp is supposed to be set up for a transporter.
I don't see any mention of whether that transporter is a panel van with bulkhead or a kombi or a caravel...
Surely each of these vehicles would require a different dsp setting due to the changes in space and furnishings within.
Will be good to know what you think as its one area I will defiantly improve..

The amp/ dsp is supposed to be set up for a transporter.
I don't see any mention of whether that transporter is a panel van with bulkhead or a kombi or a caravel...
Surely each of these vehicles would require a different dsp setting due to the changes in space and furnishings within.
Will be good to know what you think as its one area I will defiantly improve..
I’ve got the full set in mine, great for the money and dead easy to fit.

The DSP has a switch to choose which setup, bulkhead etc

I’ve got the full set in mine, great for the money and dead easy to fit.

The DSP has a switch to choose which setup, bulkhead etc
Oh
OK
That's brilliant.
Thanks
Would you say the improvement is well worth the money?
Out of 10 how would you compare this to the stock speakers with no sub or amp?

Going for the full bifta, speakers / sub and amp , sound deadening as well .
Banie.
I sneeked a look at your profile pic.
Are they 20 on there??
Have you had any work done on the suspension is that the ones that come on the ack edition?
Those wheels look better in those aches than the 18s supplied..

I ordered the Indium grey, needed the LWB so the sportline fitted the bill :) not many extras, tow bar, 80ltr tank, mud flaps, drivers side loading door with power latching:cool:
Sounds great Mark! Still no news on mine and ordered June ‘21 too. JCB Sittingbourne did say to me last time I spoke to them mine would be a June build with an August delivery. Hopefully get the email soon then.
On a different note had a phone call about the wife’s new Range Rover Evoque being the hybrid version and was originally told september to December but looks like it could be ready July. That suits us as her lease one goes back end of July!

Banie.
I sneeked a look at your profile pic.
Are they 20 on there??
Have you had any work done on the suspension is that the ones that come on the ack edition?
Those wheels look better in those aches than the 18s supplied..

Yeah they are 20s , they sit further out as well . on the stock be suspension , wound down as low as it goes . I would like another inch , but who wouldn’t ! , will probably upgrade them next .

Yeah they are 20s , they sit further out as well . on the stock be suspension , wound down as low as it goes . I would like another inch , but who wouldn’t ! , will probably upgrade them next .
Yes they look so much better.
I take it they are a wider wheel?
Did you sell your 18s on.
I would have thought they would sell for a good amount on ebay.

Yes they look so much better.
I take it they are a wider wheel?
Did you sell your 18s on.
I would have thought they would sell for a good amount on ebay.
Yes they are wider , and the offset is lower , so they sit nice . Hanging on to the original alloys doesn’t seem right selling them !

Yes they are wider , and the offset is lower , so they sit nice . Hanging on to the original alloys doesn’t seem right selling them !
I know what you mean but after I get mine and then go and spend more money on suspension and wheels. I think the accountant (wife) will want to see some money coming back in :rofl:

Is that for paint issues ? Are they giving you a courtesy van ?
Yea it’s for paint issues, front bumper is not keyed properly and really bad dull areas! Also wheels have dusty white areas where they have not been painted fully. VW have said it’s not acceptable! I have been given a golf mk8 currently but I’ll need a van shortly

Yea it’s for paint issues, front bumper is not keyed properly and really bad dull areas! Also wheels have dusty white areas where they have not been painted fully. VW have said it’s not acceptable! I have been given a golf mk8 currently but I’ll need a van shortly
That’s poor , doesn’t take weeks to paint a few bits ! My paint all seems fine , my only complaint would be after 4k miles the seat bolster is looking worse for wear . Alloys looked pretty thin around where the spokes join the rim , and the rears are poor .

That’s poor , doesn’t take weeks to paint a few bits ! My paint all seems fine , my only complaint would be after 4k miles the seat bolster is looking worse for wear . Alloys looked pretty thin around where the spokes join the rim , and the rears are poor .
All 4 of my wheels are like this, it’s really obvious up close! It’s not just a few areas either. The paint on the front bumper is really poor, I had it inspected independently and was told it needs to go back! I have been told it’s a complete replacement kit on the front. Think it all has to be ordered and painted then assembled then fitted to the van. The black fins on the front are orange peel and the textured decal overlay has shrunk in the sun.
The kombi seats have been a nightmare as I’ve now had 6 full complete replacement sets. Stitching kept coming apart and the way they installed the covers was awful.
Even both sportline wing badges have come away from the wings to the point one was only being held on by the indicator light.
One of the rear suspension struts has started nocking quite badly!
I will be real honest that’s not half of the problems!

2872D5C2-0804-4805-819A-C1E6B8E6DA13.jpeg

18958425-A85F-49A2-936A-47755834F56B.jpeg

Mine is booked in with vw with front bumper issues , peeling and overspray , 11th July they are supplying a curtesy van
Are they replacing your bumper? I’m calling on Monday to get a van sorted, I was told I’d get a van but it did not happen.

All 4 of my wheels are like this, it’s really obvious up close! It’s not just a few areas either. The paint on the front bumper is really poor, I had it inspected independently and was told it needs to go back! I have been told it’s a complete replacement kit on the front. Think it all has to be ordered and painted then assembled then fitted to the van. The black fins on the front are orange peel and the textured decal overlay has shrunk in the sun.
The kombi seats have been a nightmare as I’ve now had 6 full complete replacement sets. Stitching kept coming apart and the way they installed the covers was awful.
Even both sportline wing badges have come away from the wings to the point one was only being held on by the indicator light.
One of the rear suspension struts has started nocking quite badly!
I will be real honest that’s not half of the problems!

View attachment 162397

View attachment 162398
Hi Teenwolf, I have a BE on order since May 2021, it's now in Wales so should be arriving soon (hopefully) when uou had the seat covers replaced did the dealer fit the replacement covers or did it go back to MSRT?

Back