T6.1 shark fin relocation options?

Drewmacaulay

T6 Pro
Hi All
The van has gone for fitting the pop top and instead of fitting the existing T6.1 roof aerial to the front of the new pop top I would like to fit something a little sleeker on the rear of the van roof. It’s a LWB but I’m having an electric Cali roof fitted so there will be 400mm of roof space spare at the back.
I imagine I’ll need a long extension, at least 5m to account for running the cables around the roof and down the A pillar. I guess my question is, am I missing anything important that makes this a crap plan and does anyone have any experience of shark fins to go with or avoid? I found a couple of helpful threads on shark fins but they were mostly about DAB reception improvements.
Thanks in advance!
Drew

In case anyone else comes across this thread in the future it was possible in the end to relocate the sat nav aerial to the rear with an extension lead. Had mine done by Richard at Kernow while they were fitting the roof.

9B0D4FC9-AB73-4290-AF9A-42A66EDEC9B7.jpeg

84C49AB5-E2D0-4C8A-83FE-287B1C906E22.jpeg

Is that a SWB roof on a LWB van?

It is. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste but I really wanted the strength of the OEM California roof for load carrying (watersports gear in the main) and they didn’t make a lwb Cali. Plus it’s electric which is pretty cool

It is. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste but I really wanted the strength of the OEM California roof for load carrying (watersports gear in the main) and they didn’t make a lwb Cali. Plus it’s electric which is pretty cool
I wasn't thinking about the taste, I just didn't know it was possible, and if it works and its your van, Im all for it. :thumbsup:

Back