T6.1 rear bumper on a T6

xfu990

Hi, I have a LWB t6 2016 tailgate model. The rear bumper is trashed. I have been offered a very nice T6.1 rear bumper at a reasonable price. Both bumpers have 4 parking sensors.
Will it fit? if so, do I need any different parts to match ie brackets in fills or lights please? Hope you can help

Hi, I have a LWB t6 2016 tailgate model. The rear bumper is trashed. I have been offered a very nice T6.1 rear bumper at a reasonable price. Both bumpers have 4 parking sensors.
Will it fit? if so, do I need any different parts to match ie brackets in fills or lights please? Hope you can help
As far as I know, the rear bumpers are the same, the only difference being that the T6.1 has the option of Park Assist so can sometimes have six parking-sensor holes.

If it’s just the bumper that’s trashed, and the brackets are good, then you should be fine

Thanks for that, yes, it's just the bumper casing that's had a hard previous life. I haven't taken the bumper off yet to check the brackets but I'm quite hopeful as it all sits pretty square.
Just the four sensors on both bumpers thankfully.

I have had the rear bumper off a T6 and a 6.1 and havent noticed any obvious differences, just remember tailgate bumpers and barndoor bumpers are different

As promised, an update :)

Bumper part number 7E5 417D A7W has now been removed form my 2016 LWB tailgated van.
It has been replaced with 7LA 807 417E A7W, perfect fit, no issues fitting, absolutely no differences what so ever, happy days :)

So, as far as I'm aware, unless someone tells me my "new" bumper was incorrectly advertised? A T6.1 bumper is the same as a T6 bumper.

However the "new take off bumper with minor storage marks" that I received wasn't as advertised, bracket broken, deep scratches, but I'm sorry to say that is very much becoming the standard on eBay now :mad:

Fortunately the bracket repaired and the scratches are on top of the bumper that I had planned to protect with a cover anyway. The minor scratches polished out with G3.

Back