T6.1 Omg

its come out a bit early in my opinion makes me wonder why and is there a T7 on its way hopefully without addblue

T7 have to be a new shape and really entice ppl to change. IMO.

They wouldn't be doing a facelift unless they were going to get at least 3yrs out of it. Prob 5yrs til a T7

Looks like the average run-time on the model shift is about 13yrs . . .

23.JPG

Volkswagen Transporter - Wikipedia

So T7 should be expected 2029? - unless VW up their game, or Euro-pants force them into a EV-hybrid earlier.

and agreed - love the new Dash/clocks layout - id do the mod if it becomes possible. (looks like a roof mounted GPS antenna too)

from the YT vid above - it all looks like mostly a facelifted T5/T5.1/T5.2/T6

Last edited:
Having actually sat in that van 7 days ago, it is all very pleasant, but then personally bar the dash top lid I like the non-comfort option normally (hell I specified it on my van).

(All the pics are in the T6.1 thread).

Looks like the average run-time on the model shift is about 13yrs . . .

View attachment 38773

Volkswagen Transporter - Wikipedia

So T7 should be expected 2029? - unless VW up their game, or Euro-pants force them into a EV-hybrid earlier.

and agreed - love the new Dash/clocks layout - id do the mod if it becomes possible. (looks like a roof mounted GPS antenna too)

from the YT vid above - it all looks like mostly a facelifted T5/T5.1/T5.2/T6

Realistically though, effectively the T6 was the T5.2 and this next one is a T5.3 so you could say they’ve already had their money’s worth out of the platform. One of the rumours that has supposedly come from an in-the-know German journo was saying the Ford/VW commercial JV was well advanced with the next Transporter being rebadged as a Transit and the next Ranger being rebadged as an Amarok with the plan for a max 7yr lead time from last year

Back