T6.1 Omg

Realistically though, effectively the T6 was the T5.2 and this next one is a T5.3 so you could say they’ve already had their money’s worth out of the platform. One of the rumours that has supposedly come from an in-the-know German journo was saying the Ford/VW commercial JV was well advanced with the next Transporter being rebadged as a Transit and the next Ranger being rebadged as an Amarok with the plan for a max 7yr lead time from last year
Anything is possible....

Just herd back from my local dealers Re: T6.1

The official word . . .

"No news as yet. I would guess that we will see some kind of detail late August going in to sept. Once I have anything I will let you know."

So - No news basically.

details released...

World premiere of the cutting-edge T6.1

The latest edition of an icon

The Transporter family of vans are iconic. Over six generations, from the split-screen T1 to the refined and efficient T6, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has sold nearly twelve million units worldwide. Now the product line is getting its latest update – to become the latest edition of an icon.

VW T6.1 at Motor Show | Volkswagen Van Life

Annotation 2019-08-07 141404.jpg Annotation 2019-08-07 141426.jpg Annotation 2019-08-07 141449.jpg Annotation 2019-08-07 141510.jpg Annotation 2019-08-07 141541.jpg Annotation 2019-08-07 141604.jpg

details released...

World premiere of the cutting-edge T6.1

The latest edition of an icon

The Transporter family of vans are iconic. Over six generations, from the split-screen T1 to the refined and efficient T6, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has sold nearly twelve million units worldwide. Now the product line is getting its latest update – to become the latest edition of an icon.

VW T6.1 at Motor Show | Volkswagen Van Life

View attachment 48624 View attachment 48625 View attachment 48626 View attachment 48627 View attachment 48628 View attachment 48629

Looks pretty, App connected, auto this and that. BUT does it keep the rain on the outside???

eSIM connected, please Sir, can I have a van that’s not speaking to the rest of the world all of the time and reporting where I am and how fast I am to some corporate monolith with tentacles of government control inside every facet of my life.......... Ooops sorry did that come out loud, I shall take my pills again promise.

Seriously, bought the van to escape not to be tracked. Live a little offline.....

eSIM connected, please Sir, can I have a van that’s not speaking to the rest of the world all of the time and reporting where I am and how fast I am to some corporate monolith with tentacles of government control inside every facet of my life.......... Ooops sorry did that come out loud, I shall take my pills again promise.

Seriously, bought the van to escape not to be tracked. Live a little offline.....

Just wear a tin foil hat :thumbsup::D;)

I thought that, highline all day long, I’m sure I have read somewhere only top of the range gets the digital dash

It was good to see an in-depth walk through the van from an English speaker even if he was a little pro VW

19:22 - the gear lever in front of the AC controls would drive me crazy

I do like the T6.1, but if the T7 is going to be available around 2021 I may wait for that.

is a MQB platform , with Discover Media , virtual cluster ...etc ...
Crafter already is MQB ...
PQ platform die ....

just had this from the dealer:

* its internal and confidential so dont go sharing it about *

Please find attached the flyer for the new T6.1 panel van. Ordering as now opened but Volkswagen are expected to start building the end of October. There are no brochures at present due to figures for emissions , fuel consumptions , weights etc. not being confirmed under the new legislations WLTP but I thought this may give you a taster.

Any queries let me know

Attachments

• T6.1panel van Pre sales Flyer.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Back