T6.1 Issues scaring converters off?

As I often think when it comes to this sort of thing, if you’re not doing something you shouldn’t then I don’t have a problem with surveillance. My last two Beemers have had sos buttons and I never give them a second thought. The vans do not have full telematics reporting unless you opt to have as part of your insurance or a company you work for fits them, so I don’t see what there is to worry about. Maybe I’m just used to being under surveillance with my last job as a bus driver. The control room knew where I was at any given time, whether I was running early or late, whether accelerated or braked harshly, not to mention passengers who like to make spurious claims against drivers

Car/van sales guys will tell you anything to get you to buy what they have in stock or that they can get hold of.

Most likely issue here is that they cannot get allocation of a 6.1 so are hoping to get you into a 6, which is not a problem, but to try and say there’s some big issues lurking on 6.1’s is a load of guff.

Look at how many 6.1’s Bognor/Leighton/Raceline/VanHaven have converted and sold, there’s no issue with 6.1’s apart from being fugly ;)

Hi Guys,

I've got a 6.1. You can turn all of the data off if you wish and indeed customise it so only certain functions transmit.

Back