T6.1 Heated Steering Wheel

So to confirm, with the 5Q1, everything works ok, but it wont show the 'heated steering wheel on' symbol on the display?
NO, SQ1 simply passers through all the required power / signal to the T6.1 MFSW buttons. You can't talk to the gateway itself.

I suspect the 5Q1 talks to the car CAN via the other J519 LIN bus, but the T6.1 doesn't have this connection, and i'm not sure the T6.1 module supports it.

In mine 5Q1 was 100% not responsive, without linbus signal theres no way for that slipring to communicate/activate anything. 5Q0 is spot on in mine as soon as I installed it and coded bits everything worked and still is :). Obviously you need to run extra wires for it too.

IMG_6439.jpegIMG_6440.jpeg

Hello Friends.

Sorry for my bad English.
I have red this retrofit with gréât attention.
I have made something loke that on my 2020 t6.1 for few weeks.
I have installe à golf 8 Rline heated steering wheel with haptique buttons.
All run well but the horn.
So could you explain me what have you made for this?
And I am not sur what fuse and what is the best place in the fuse box to link the heating system?

Thank you for your help !

Hello Friends.

Sorry for my bad English.
I have red this retrofit with gréât attention.
I have made something loke that on my 2020 t6.1 for few weeks.
I have installe à golf 8 Rline heated steering wheel with haptique buttons.
All run well but the horn.
So could you explain me what have you made for this?
And I am not sur what fuse and what is the best place in the fuse box to link the heating system?

Thank you for your help !
Hi Pauly!
I have followed your advices and I have posted and I have had introduced myself in the correct place .

Hi Pauly!
I have followed your advices and I have posted and I have had introduced myself in the correct place .

Hello,

I have managed all the retrofit with the 5Q1 953 549 F. And everything is working but not the horn. I am looking for solution and I do not find.

Reading all the posts I have conclued and seen those things :
- there is another sleeping ring which could run with this upgrade. Its référence begin with 5Q0, I think it is 5Q0953569B But for me this référence is not for the heated steering wheel.
- if we use the 5Q0953569B it is possible to code the t6.1 to have an icon on the dashboard when the steering is heating. What is the code?
- my 5Q1 953 549 F has got a problem for the horn or is not compatible.
- after this installation my discover media bécane very slowly.

Could somebody explain me more?

Thank you for your help

Check out the wire mod I did to get the horn working, details are in this thread

Back