How to remove T6.1 steering wheel

Smileysmile

Hi guys.

I'm looking to remove my steering wheel on my 2023 T6.1.

Any tutorial videos about?

The reason I need to remove it is because I need to remove the plastic shroud around the steering column so I can slide in a small battery pack in that gap for my dashcam.

Photo attached
20240328_174634.jpg

You can remove both covers top and bottom without removing the wheel. Top cover pops off and bottom has 3 torx screws; one from under and two on the corners at the top. Just turn the wheel with top cover off and youll see the bolts. Undo one then turn the wheel the other way to expose the other one.

You can remove both covers top and bottom without removing the wheel. Top cover pops off and bottom has 3 torx screws; one from under and two on the corners at the top. Just turn the wheel with top cover off and youll see the bolts. Undo one then turn the wheel the other way to expose the other one.
Thats great. Less work for me.

I've unclipped top shroud. I've also unscrewed the bottom screw. I had a peak at the 2 screws either side of top of bottom shroud (each corner) they looked as if the only way of accessing them is removing the steering wheel.

Now, it was just a peek. Are they easily accessible with a normal straight torx screw driver? I'll have another look tomorrow.

I managed to get mine off no probs:think smile bounce:. if you have long enough torx you will be able to reach and undo both of them one by one without fouling anything.

Back