T6.1 Fuse diagram & "Component Protection Active"

jjg23

Hi all

I wonder if you wonderful guys could help with two, most likely related issues!

1. My T6.1 infotainment system game up with an error message yesterday morning on startup - "Component Protection Active" which prevents most functions working. Despite cycling the ignition and driving it all day, the error won't go away.

2. There'd been a kids TV screen plugged into the centre dash 12v socket (by gear shift) and in use all day, working fine. Then in the evening when removing the 12v plug from the socket, the plug fell apart and a metal part shorted out the socket, blowing the van's fuse.

I guess perhaps the "Component Protection Active" error might've been an early indication that the plug was faulty? Is that feasible?

Anyway - i need to replace the van's fuse and don't have my owner's manual to locate the relevant fuse. I've tried googling but none of the diagrams i find online look anything like the under-dash fuse box that i have. Maybe all the images on the web are T6 and that mine is different as it's T6.1 ?

Any help appreciated!

J

Check Fuse 15 circled here
1604052156247.png

There is a complete workshop list here

but you'll need to be a VIP member to access it.

Thansk @Loz but that fuse isn't blown, and I think it's the fuse for the 2x USB-C sockets as they got disabled when i removed it.
The 12v socket seems to be on a different fuse?

BTW - Any idea why when i look in the Electrics forum, this post doesnt show up for me?! I've tried refreshing the page.
I guess it shows up for other people as @Loz saw my post?!

1604053454456.png

The first threads are pinned, in every category. They are pinned because they seem to be the most discussed/searched topics. Your thread is under those.

View attachment 89945

Hi @Loz, I've downloaded those schematics, but wonder which is the best fuses to piggyback on if I wanted
1. Switched with ignition or
2. Permanently live for a dashcam?

Thanks

View attachment 89945

Great information thank you Can you tell me which is the fuse for the passenger side rear sliding doo on a RH drive T6.1 I am in Australia ans no one can help The door is closed but the screen on the dash says it's open, can't lock the van properly either Any assistance much appreciated Cheers AA

Is it an electric slider?

If not. It be looking at the door switches. The are internal to the lock assembly.

Search here for door lock switches.

Reactions: Loz
Hi there,
I have a charging problem with my two USB-c and cigaret lightner. Charging smartphone doesn't work fine since some mounth, but I'm pretty sure it's work when buying my new California Ocean in feb. 2021 (T6.1). I checked the fuse (nb 15) and it's not burn. I didn't find on the fusebox PDF for the T6.1 the fuse number for the 2 cirgaret lightner (the one next to the two USB-c, and the one in front of the conductor). Any idea ?
Regards
Moise 67

Back