T6.1 Folding mirrors on locking

AndyAK66

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Picked up my new 6.1 yesterday, dead chuffed to be behind the wheel again, I've selected mirrors to auto fold when locking but it wont, am i missing something, also in the manual it says i can dip the passenger side mirror when reversing, cant get that to work, can anyone help please

Picked up my new 6.1 yesterday, dead chuffed to be behind the wheel again, I've selected mirrors to auto fold when locking but it wont, am i missing something, also in the manual it says i can dip the passenger side mirror when reversing, cant get that to work, can anyone help please
To dip the side mirror...set the selection switch to L ( left ) on door panel ...then when you select reverse the mirror auto dip

ps ...Should also be the case if you leave the windows open ...press and hold lock button...windows shut and mirrors fold...and if when unlocking. Press and hold unlock both windows will open :)

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks, had T6 with sunroof would shut that as well as windows about only thing worked properly, my last T6 was a pig, broke down 32 times, new engine at 30keventually VW conceded and reluctantly took it back after financial ombudsman ruled in my favour under supply of goods act, (the benefit of having a magistrate as a good customer )complete sucker for transporter this is my 6th, had year driving little Caddy during lockdown's dead chuffed yesterday to pick up new van, just needs, new rims,roof and side bars, rear spoiler and lower suspension...don't tell the Mrs..life

Hi all,

I just got my van today and have been trying to understand why my mirrors weren't auto folding when i locked the van despite the setting in the MFD saying it will. I realised that if i lock the van and hold the lock button for a bit longer, it then folds the mirrors - is that by design?

Reactions: CAB
Scrub that ... I just read the manual and you do need to hold the lock button to folder the mirrors :)

Reactions: CAB
I think its a good feature as my previous car (Mk7 golf) would folder them regardless which was annoying if you only left the car momentarily and then need to re-enter.
My wife’s Kia’s wing mirrors unfold every time you walk past it with key in your pocket…. Really helpful when you are squeezing by with the baby in a car seat and mirrors spin round to catch you in the nuts!

My wife’s Kia’s wing mirrors unfold every time you walk past it with key in your pocket…. Really helpful when you are squeezing by with the baby in a car seat and mirrors spin round to catch you in the nuts!
Mrs @Cooper paid a small fortune to have the “nuts smack” feature activated!!!

Hi.new to the forum and looking for advice pms. I have a new 6.1 highline with a high spec and 3rd gen display . however the mirrors won't fold using the key. It's set to 'on' on the display bit holding the key down isn't working. I also think the comfort windows function isn't working. Is there an easy Reset I can do without taking it to the dealer for coding?

Hi.new to the forum and looking for advice pms. I have a new 6.1 highline with a high spec and 3rd gen display . however the mirrors won't fold using the key. It's set to 'on' on the display bit holding the key down isn't working. I also think the comfort windows function isn't working. Is there an easy Reset I can do without taking it to the dealer for coding?

Back