Navigation system "Discover Media" including "Streaming & Internet worth having?

EliteDan

Hello,
I just ordered a t6.1 kombi is it worth having the Navigation system "Discover Media" including "Streaming & Internet" if I normally just use the Google maps I know it comes with a bigger screen but is it worth the £1400 cost?

You cant order new vehicles anymore and any orders placed cannot be changed so this seems like a bit of a moot point now ?

but no, in my opinion its not really worth it, googlemaps/waze are good and the additional screen size doesnt make a huge difference, the best plus point for me is wireless carplay (although im not sure if you need discover media pro for that ?)

You cant order new vehicles anymore and any orders placed cannot be changed so this seems like a bit of a moot point now ?

but no, in my opinion its not really worth it, googlemaps/waze are good and the additional screen size doesnt make a huge difference, the best plus point for me is wireless carplay (although im not sure if you need discover media pro for that ?)
I had to pick a spec they already had so I couldn't add anything hopefully build time isn't to long I didn't really want the T7 because of the shared platform with ford and wouldn't really be a transporter. They had the Navigation system "Discover Media" including "Streaming & Internet"on the spec I have sent them a email to see if they can take it off and save £1400

AFAIK the order books are all closed and i think all builds are locked ?
Hopefully the order doesnt have a build slot already and they let you change it !

Do let us know what they say, would be interested to confirm one way or the other

Reactions: mmi
VW Nav system is terrible. I had it in my Tiguan 2021 AllSpace 4 Motion. Rather use google maps with CarPlay in my opinion.

I have a T6.1 with a the basic head unit. Whilst it has wired carplay, the screen is small and the audio sounds poor so I swapped it out for an Alpine Halo 11. It really is night and day. For £1400 I'd be looking at swapping the head unit out.

I have a T6.1 with a the basic head unit. Whilst it has wired carplay, the screen is small and the audio sounds poor so I swapped it out for an Alpine Halo 11. It really is night and day. For £1400 I'd be looking at swapping the head
Did you keep the stock speakers though?

No, I had the whole audio upgraded at the same time by Absolut5. I had their Signature Audio setup :

Hertz Millie pro door speakers, and tweeters for the Pillars
Audison SR5.600 amp running active
Audison bass control
JL Audio 10w1 10" sub
Sound deadening of the front doors

If you don't mind how much was it and what do you think of it compared to stock?
I paid about £4k in total, that's installed. Worth noting that the Halo 11 is around £1500 with all the bits needing to connect it to the vehicle. It also has a big floating screen which isn't for everyone and there are other smaller options for less cash. You are looking at £1700 for all the other components including fitting. For me it's been worth every penny. The bigger HD screen makes using Google maps etc much better (you can also connect a media player to it via HDMI and use as a screen) The sound is so much better as you would expect. I only have two speakers at the front but you can get more added for an even better sound.

AFAIK the order books are all closed and i think all builds are locked ?
Hopefully the order doesnt have a build slot already and they let you change it !

Do let us know what they say, would be interested to confirm one way or the other
So yesterday they have confirmed they took the sat nav off which saves me £1416. My order is in and I will be getting monthly videos of the build

image001.png

Back