T6.1 Discover Media Navigation

Cgdudderz

Hello all, just received my T6.1 Highline from the dealership.

Other than the terrible sound system, my only complaint is with the SatNav.

I have the Discover Media Navigation system with 8” display.

When it is in auto mode (I.e, the map moves with vehicle and always keeps the vehicle on screen) the vehicle location icon is near the corner of the screen, north is always at the top and it is zoomed in so much that I can’t see what is coming up next!

If I want to have the vehicle direction oriented to the top of the screen, the screen zoomed out to show what is up ahead and the vehicle location in the centre of the screen, auto mode does not work and the map doesn’t move with the vehicle…..I eventually drive off the screen and have to manually move it.

Any ideas??

Hello all, just received my T6.1 Highline from the dealership.

Other than the terrible sound system, my only complaint is with the SatNav.

I have the Discover Media Navigation system with 8” display.

When it is in auto mode (I.e, the map moves with vehicle and always keeps the vehicle on screen) the vehicle location icon is near the corner of the screen, north is always at the top and it is zoomed in so much that I can’t see what is coming up next!

If I want to have the vehicle direction oriented to the top of the screen, the screen zoomed out to show what is up ahead and the vehicle location in the centre of the screen, auto mode does not work and the map doesn’t move with the vehicle…..I eventually drive off the screen and have to manually move it.

Any ideas??
I'm in the exact same position. I do have a digital dash which does give the 'ahead up' position I prefer but whenever I try to change the orientation on the main display, the vehicle position disappears. You don't appear to be able to set the nav to orient facing ahead

I took it to the VW Centre: “that’s just how it is, sorry, we know it’s crap.” So sadly that was how VW designed the new SatNav. I use Google Maps through Apple Car Play now.

Thanks for that . I have to take mine to the local dealer for an issue with We connect primary user not working so I'll see what they say . At least I have the sat nav on the virtual dash

Chrish1. I am also having trouble trying to log in and register as primary user. I have set up my VW id on my computer and registered my van. When I enter my details ( have checked and double checked they are correct) all I get is a blue circle spinning on the display! Just been into the dealership the other day, showed them the problem and they are going to get back to me! Would be interested to see how you get on.
Cheers

T6.1. Discover media

Hi Malb . Mines booked into my local VW van center for Feb 25th, earliest they could do. Will let you know of it gets resolved, I suspect a full reset will be done

I'm in the exact same position. I do have a digital dash which does give the 'ahead up' position I prefer but whenever I try to change the orientation on the main display, the vehicle position disappears. You don't appear to be able to set the nav to orient facing ahead
Hi Chrish1, did you have the digital dash reftro fitted or was it a factory order? When I ordered my Kombi I was unable to add the digital dash as an extra and told this was only available on the Caravel or California. If it was a retrofit, who carried out the work?
Thanks

Hello Chrish1. Did you get a result at the dealership? Mine is going in later this month to hopefully get sorted!

Back