T6.1 dash / door cards upgrade options

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a T6.1 highline with the light grey plastic dash and door cards. It looks pants and will be even more so when I have the seats done in tan leather. Does anyone know what options there are to change the plastics? I’ve seen the thread on changing T6 for caravelle / shuttle bits. Is this still possible on T6.1? Anyone done it?

Cheers

It can be done but is quite pricey unless you can get second hand cards. I believe new door cards are over 800 quid from VW. Van Haven had this as an option when I was agreeing my upgrade spec with them, but it was a lot of money so I went for other options instead. I think there are already threads on this so have a good search.

Cover them in stretch suede. Loads of colours, and pretty easy to do so long as you have patience and are a fairly good diy’er.

You need to break the door down into its components, that way you can cover the panels then rebuild the door panel. This way the speaker grill is not covered and looks the biz.

The door panels are plastic welded together hence a decent soldering iron can help here.

You need to break the door down into its components, that way you can cover the panels then rebuild the door panel. This way the speaker grill is not covered and looks the biz.

The door panels are plastic welded together hence a decent soldering iron can help here.
Cheers buddy , serious food for thought here .... We don't like the light grey door cards at all...

This is what I'm thinking of doing with ours covering with faux suede,I've seen a few like it now and looks good

This is what I'm thinking of doing with ours covering with faux suede,I've seen a few like it now and looks good
Harris trims is the best place to get your 4 way stretch suede @Ploots

Oh this is exactly what I am trying to find right now. We have the most gorgeous conversion going on but the dash and lower dash are just not pulling their weight. Does anyone have any images of what the stretch suede looks like? does it last well? Thanks so much.

It’s pretty hardy, I have a dog and two cats and the Suede has held up to there abuse very well. Go to Harris trims and get the Suede swatch bundle, then you see which colour works for you.

Back