T6.1 B14 Komfort or Eibach ProStreet?

Reedspeed46

T6 Pro
HI Guys

I am the like the rest of you patiently awaiting my 2022 6.1 Kombi, thing is, I'm in a bit of a dilema re the suspenders, do I go the Bilstein Komfort route, or the Eibach Prostreet coilovers?.

I know Bilstein & Eibach are both great Co's & been around a long time, I will be using this thing daily, running 20" wheels & tyres,so want a nice but not to much arch gap, the van will probably be having a Raceline GTS pack fitted,but they do allow for personal intervention.

So,I would like some honest feedback & cristism where its due please guys, as i'm spending a small fortune on this thing,& want to get it right.

HI Guys

I am the like the rest of you patiently awaiting my 2022 6.1 Kombi, thing is, I'm in a bit of a dilema re the suspenders, do I go the Bilstein Komfort route, or the Eibach Prostreet coilovers?.

I know Bilstein & Eibach are both great Co's & been around a long time, I will be using this thing daily, running 20" wheels & tyres,so want a nice but not to much arch gap, the van will probably be having a Raceline GTS pack fitted,but they do allow for personal intervention.

So,I would like some honest feedback & cristism where its due please guys, as i'm spending a small fortune on this thing,& want to get it right.
I am a trader of Suspension components ( its all we do actually 40 to 60 vans a month ) so take my recommendations' as a professional opinion and of course biased because we see the rubbish that the Transporter market is flooded with every day when we remove them in our store . Not everything is as it seems , The Transporter market is so big in UK lots of non tech companies are jumping on the band wagon to sell parts here ( and manufacture them ) where we don't recognise TUV like they do in Europe . ( T U V a European safety standard that most of Europe adhere to ) This means that every man and his dog is building kits for the UK market . My advise is Research the products on the "Manufacturers" web sites not sellers web sites , then get first hand comments from clients who purchased them . You will of course get a very varied response from Users because everyones needs are different and everyones perception of good and bad are different .
You could simply phone a few traders on this forum there are several , Get first hand info and ask lots of tech questions so you can satisfy your self that the supplier knows what he is doing and knows the product . They should be able to compare the different kits and what they do differently for you >
They will also know what tyres and rim spec you should look for to optimise the ride and avoid rubbing caused by wrong tyre and offset choices .
The biggest selling kit in our store isn't a Height adjustable kit ( Like the B14 and Eibach ) at all and we get fantastic reviews and user comments on these . So keep an open mind !

My advise is Broaden your search a little, . Talk to companies like ours and get first hand info on whats available and what to avoid.

Bilstein is a great product , but they actually don't list any coil over kits for the Transporter on their official web site ??? Get more info ?

The Eibach kit is great , Eibach use Shocks made by KW and sold at an inflated price obviously . VW £1700 our price for the same kit branded KW £950.00 , of course the springs might be made by different companies , but shocks are the important thing in suspension , not springs . .
Check the warranties that fitment centres offer, particularly check to see if the fitting company are prepared to swap out the kits if they sell you something you don't like .
Be really careful buying a kit that you may get to test in another van . The vast range of Vans come in very different weights , there fore a kit in one van might ride brilliant , but in another van ride terrible , we have experienced this a few times and know how to advise on this .
If road testing every weight van with every different kit installed our demo fleet would need to be hundreds of vans and of course this isn't practical, so a swap out warranty is good for piece of mind .
There is no doubt that over the last 2 years the suspension market for transporters has matured , social media quickly hi lights problematic kits . 2 year ago the only kit spoken about was a B14 now that kit is only sold by companies who haven't kept up with the trends and most of the comments are complaints .
If the van is only coming next year you have lots of time to plan and make a decision , No need to rush into this as you said this is a big investment so important to get it correct,

Back