T6.1 Beach uneven after lowering with Eibach Pro Kit

GordoCLM

Hi all!

I have an issue with my Eibach Pro Kit (Van lowered about 40 mm) and would like to hear some experienced guys..

Some Info:

T6.1 Beach 4M, 2 Slidings doors and 7 sits (almost symetric). Lowered from dealer (AMAG Schlieren in Switzerland) due to the 7 sits.

I find the look and the ride ok. (Already drove almost 10k km in 2 months).

20221127-092310942-i-OS.jpg

One day I noticed that the rear left wheelarch is close to the floor, so i measured the height..

Distance from center of the whell to wheel arch are the following:

Front Left = 420 mm
Front Right = 420 mm
Rear Left = 386 mm
Rear Right = 400 mm

Almost 15 mm diference from left to the right.

HR.jpg HL.jpg

I made a call to the dealer and they told me the difference was due to the Kitchen.. after reminding them that I have 2 slidings doors they told me to bring the Cali to a check.. After some testing, i was told that the 15 mm difference is in "tolerance". So they wouldn't do anything.

This is my first Cali, is this normal? A brand new car with 15 mm height difference in one wheel? My other car is a BMW G05 45e and the difference between the 4 wheels is less than 2 mm..

I made a call to Eibach (Alfatech in Switzerland) and the told me is a common issue and the gave me an universal plastic spacer to place on the rear left spring.

IMG-0892.jpgIMG-0893.jpg

Then a took a look at the springs and figured out (as read on the forum) that they are compressed as the Cali was fully loaded (actually it was empty) ist this normal?.. will the spacer increase the compression?

IMG-0872.jpg

IMG-0901.png

I dont know what to do.. should I put the spacer on or get rid of the springs a buy a B14 Komfort/KW V2 set?

Thanks in advance :)

I would swap around the rear springs, make sure they are set in the bottom rubber ring correctly (there is a notch in the bottom arm that the rubber ring sits into and the spring sits into that) and put the spacer in as directed. One side usually a little different, 14mm is probably a bit much but have seen some around 10. It is also very difficult to find a perfectly flat piece of ground upon which to measure. You should always measure in the exact same location and measure with the fuel tank empty and then full to see the effect of that.

I would swap around the rear springs, make sure they are set in the bottom rubber ring correctly (there is a notch in the bottom arm that the rubber ring sits into and the spring sits into that) and put the spacer in as directed. One side usually a little different, 14mm is probably a bit much but have seen some around 10. It is also very difficult to find a perfectly flat piece of ground upon which to measure. You should always measure in the exact same location and measure with the fuel tank empty and then full to see the effect of that.

Thanks!

I have an appointment with the garage on Thursday..

Hi all!

I have an issue with my Eibach Pro Kit (Van lowered about 40 mm) and would like to hear some experienced guys..

Some Info:

T6.1 Beach 4M, 2 Slidings doors and 7 sits (almost symetric). Lowered from dealer (AMAG Schlieren in Switzerland) due to the 7 sits.

View attachment 191809

One day I noticed that the rear left wheelarch is close to the floor, so i measured the height..

Front Left = 420 mm
Front Right = 420 mm
Rear Left = 386 mm
Rear Right = 400 mm

View attachment 191810 View attachment 191811

I made a call to the dealer and they told me the difference was due to the Kitchen.. after reminding them that I have 2 slidings doors they told me to bring the Cali to a check.. After some testing, i was told that the 15 mm difference is in "tolerance". So they wouldn't do anything.

This is my first Cali, is this normal? A brand new car with 15 mm height difference in one wheel? My other car is a BMW G05 45e and the difference between the 4 wheels is less than 2 mm..

I made a call to Eibach (Alfatech in Switzerland) and the told me is a common issue and the gave me an universal plastic spacer to place on the rear left spring.

View attachment 191812View attachment 191813

Then a took a look at the springs and figured out (as read on the forum) that they are compressed as the Cali was fully loaded (actually it was empty) ist this normal?.. will the spacer increase the compression?

View attachment 191814

View attachment 191815

I dont know what to do.. should I put the spacer on or get rid of the springs a buy a B14 Komfort/KW V2 set?

That rear spring is the same as the B14 komfort so dont waste money on that , The KW works well and can cope with weight

the best kit on the market however is the H&R coil over kit , streets better than all the other kits

Update,

I went to my local store and they rose it up about 20-25 mm to make it even on both sides and with the front axle.

Beach01.jpg

Hi all!

Some Info:

View attachment 191809

Front Left = 420 mm
Front Right = 420 mm
Rear Left = 386 mm
Rear Right = 400 mm

View attachment 191810 View attachment 191811

View attachment 191812View attachment 191813

View attachment 191814

View attachment 191815

The Komfort kit has the same spring it won’t help. , according to the eibach web site. That spring isn’t listed , they are poor design and will go coil bound in heavier vans , the KW kit is better. And the H and R kit better still. They both have stronger more capable rear springs, we also use spring distance spacers but never only one side. …..???

Back