T5/T6 VW 2KW AUTOTERM AIR DIESEL HEATER KIT

I have a new heater installed .yet it never seems to get above 14 no matter how long it is on .also there is cold air always along the floor space
Can anyone help on how there heater is in the van

Hi, do you know which controller you have? If it’s a PU27 there are a few videos on YouTube by Owen Cox who installs Planar Heaters. The written instructions are a bit rubbish so have a look at the videos first.

What is set temp in settings (before you turn the heater on) and are you measuring temp at the panel or heater?

As far as I recall the max set temp is 30 so it should definitely go above 14.

Are you heating internal air or external air? If you are heating external air you will struggle to get much heat in the van in this weather.
What temperature is the air at the heater outlet?

This is the intake air .it's blowing hot air from the out take vent .it just never heats the van abo be 14/15 ever and it's set point is 30 and iv set the temperature to 23 on the panel
PXL_20210207_162022479.jpg

What is the intake temp and the outlet temp?
I have had a 3.9Kw heater on soak test this afternoon and it has managed to raise the workshop temp from 6 to 14 degrees in 4 hours - outside temp is -0.2 degrees at present. You may just be fighting a losing battle at very low temps ( I work on Webastos only and know that a 2Kw Webasto will struggle to heat a large volume in sub-zero temps, yours may be the same. 2Kw is at the low end for sub-zero winter camping IMHO - 3.5/3.9Kw is better suited. I fitted a 4Kw to my own high topped LWB van for this very reason)

It is taking in slightly warmer air which is then cooled as it is ducted to the heater which is presumably mounted underneath outside in the lower outside temp. It all adds up at low temps which is why I asked what were the inlet and outlet temps to get an idea as to how well the heater is performing.

Back