T5.1 tailgate loom part number

PhillH

Hi all, would anyone happen to know the part number for a T5.1 tailgate wiring loom with electric handle / latch?

I have purchased a bare tailgate and trying to gather the internal parts

Thank you in advance

I’ve got a tailgate, it doesn’t have a loom and I’m looking to upgrade from barn doors.
It currently has electric handle.

I’m not having rear wiper, washer or heated screen. So only need the number plate lights and lock mechanism to function.

I can’t seem to locate a suitable loom online to purchase and don’t know the part no of a replacement loom.

Could I extend barn door loom? Or can anyone help me out with a part no?
Thanks

I can’t seem to locate a suitable loom online to purchase and don’t know the part no of a replacement loom.

Could I extend barn door loom?
Effectively, yes.

You’ll need one short loom that runs from the rear nearside taillight up to the top corner of the D pillar, and then an actual tailgate loom that powers the third brake light, heated rear window, handle, latch, number plate lights (and camera, child lock, internal handle if fitted).

I think @Flyingspanner may be able to make up looms based on his postings in the LED Headlight Retrofit thread - it may be worth dropping him a line

Effectively, yes.

You’ll need one short loom that runs from the rear nearside taillight up to the top corner of the D pillar, and then an actual tailgate loom that powers the third brake light, heated rear window, handle, latch, number plate lights (and camera, child lock, internal handle if fitted).

I think @Flyingspanner may be able to make up looms based on his postings in the LED Headlight Retrofit thread - it may be worth dropping him a line
I’ve gone down the mechanical handle route now so the thinking is I need a feed for high level brake light (extend or use barn door loom one), feed for number plate light (extend barn door loom), feed for central locking (extend barn door one as both handles are mechanical type mechanism)

I’ve gone down the mechanical handle route now so the thinking is I need a
feed for high level brake light (extend or use barn door loom one),
feed for number plate light (extend barn door loom),
feed for central locking (extend barn door one as both handles are mechanical type mechanism)
The T6 is my first van, so I don’t know about the ins and outs of the T5 mechanical handle. If it simply needs a pulse to lock and unlock then your plan seems sound.

Back