T32. What are the main differences?

It’s fine, I have a T32 camper conversion with all standard running gear and when it’s fully loaded up it’s better.
You might have guessed that I haven’t been sucked into the how low can you go on the biggest diameter wheels $$$$ market yet.
That’s somewhat reassuring. If I’m going any distance with the kids we will have a fair bit of kit on us a and maybe towing too.

That’s somewhat reassuring. If I’m going any distance with the kids we will have a fair bit of kit on us a and maybe towing too.
Then you have chosen well :thumbsup:
Time will tell, a load of camping gear isn’t that heavy. Spent a lot of cash after years of driving Bangor’s and have to admit, but freaked out by the amount of money involved. Just told myself I’m in it now for better or worse. If I need new suspension I will just have to put the overtime in. Will be worth it touring the south of Italy next year.

Italian roads can be completely broken up, I went on a satnav mystery tour through an agricultural area north of Lake Garda last year, I thought my teeth were going to fall out. T32 might be bumpy but nothing broke! Not the area for low profile tyres.

I have 17 inch wheels and a 17 inch brake system fitted according to the spec sheet on my t32 kombi. I'm guessing that's the big brale set up, can anyone confirm?

I have 17 inch wheels and a 17 inch brake system fitted according to the spec sheet on my t32 kombi. I'm guessing that's the big brale set up, can anyone confirm?
If the front calipre looks like this ......you’ve big brakes ( OEM)

A30B3501-DD6D-4228-A2FA-5A67FBA04A65.png

Shit, ride is awful? Guess who has just bought a T32 for camper conversion today
I wouldnt worry about it ! The T32 rear spring is the main issue for poor ride at the back , The spring is designed to carry a Ton and when you drive it around empty it will be bouncy .
I must actually put the springs in to our spring tester and get the facts of how much harder they are . Once the camper conversions are finished it will be better because you will add weight . The ride can be improved drastically with a set of Quality Shocks so if you only want to sort comfort change the shocks , If you want to lower it then with the correct spring it will lower the van and correct the Rake at the same time ( after the conversion ) . We would need measurements once the conversion is complete and we can spec a spring to sort it all out . . Results are brilliant !

I wouldnt worry about it ! The T32 rear spring is the main issue for poor ride at the back (snip) The ride can be improved drastically with a set of Quality Shocks so if you only want to sort comfort change the shocks

That's interesting - I have no issues with the rear of our converted T32, it's the front I find a bit crashy on a poor surface / pothole etc. Very harsh in comparison to a car for example. We're down 40 on H&R's but standard shocks (conversion from brand new). I assume it would need these "quality shocks" of which you speak to be fitted all round?

What impact does the relatively high pressure, high load rating tyres have would you say?

I wouldnt worry about it ! The T32 rear spring is the main issue for poor ride at the back , The spring is designed to carry a Ton and when you drive it around empty it will be bouncy .
I must actually put the springs in to our spring tester and get the facts of how much harder they are . Once the camper conversions are finished it will be better because you will add weight . The ride can be improved drastically with a set of Quality Shocks so if you only want to sort comfort change the shocks , If you want to lower it then with the correct spring it will lower the van and correct the Rake at the same time ( after the conversion ) . We would need measurements once the conversion is complete and we can spec a spring to sort it all out . . Results are brilliant !
Thanks for the advice! I’m sure you have sussed it was me who gave you a call panicking yesterday. Will see where I am at after the conversion and give you a shout.

Back