T32 150 Swb 2017 Highline Fuel Economy Is Rubbish, 2nd Time Back To The Dealer To Be 'looked At'

Stevenc

Apparently If you buy a new VW T6 from a dealer and there is a problem the customer is not happy with but the dealership says the are 'no problems' shown when ran through the diagnostics VW don't want to know.. Anyone else having this problem?

I think that's probably the same with most companies. Although VW do seem to not want to hear from us based on forum comments.

If it's new (30 days) you can return items under the consumer rights act. Just give the keys back and get a refund. Amazing and they'll hate it!

whats your average MPG over a full tank and how are you calculating it?

what type of driving are you doing? motorway% vs City%

what MPG are you expecting?

is it converted or are you carrying additional weight?

have a quick look here > Fuel economy 150 & 204 engines.

Hi,, Firstly it’s a 2018 T32. 150ps highline, I am topping up the tank 70ltrs The MFD says the range is 410 miles, I drive 19miles the the range dropped to 380 drove approx 50 miles the range dropped to 315 miles, it has a roof rack on I carry tools it has a van vault and I mainly do short trips to and from work now, I don’t do much motorway driving now

Is it trying to regen? Are the fans running after you turn off? Is it ticking over fast - 1000rpm?

It’s been back to the dealer twice nothing wrong with it apparently and yes it seems to regen quite a lot and it ticks over about 1k

Deaky
What is all this regen stuff my van the fan come on a lot while driving and also when turned off you walk away and thats all you can hear the fan still going?

That range counter is pretty vague to be honest it only measures an average so if you use your right foot a bit more or a bit less it will fluctuate massively.
Or van used to go up it went from 360 to 480 going to the alps but I doubt it did any of these numbers fully loaded on short journeys I wouldn’t expect more that Mid 30s mpg

Deaky
What is all this regen stuff my van the fan come on a lot while driving and also when turned off you walk away and thats all you can hear the fan still going?
Same here, bit of a burning rubber smell too :(

Ignore the onboard computer ...... I have the same model and can tell you that it averages about 30 mpg ...... unless I cruise along a motorway , and then it rises to about 41 mpg

Stopping and starting and doing lots of journeys in this heavy vehicle takes its toll at the fuel pump

And as for claimed figures ..... I have ignored manufacturers for over 20 years

i normally get 360 - 480miles (have had over 520 once-mostly motoryway) out of a full tank. (MY18 204 DSG 10K (loaded & heavy))

tank after tank after tank.

so average 25-35mpg - (not based on MFD data, but on FULL TANK to bottom of gauge line vs Miles traveled and logged on this app)

screenshot_20190310-114151_fuelio-jpg.38633
screenshot_20190310-114203_fuelio-jpg.38634

Back