T30 V T32 for conversion

Epic-Rob

Kiwi member
VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK so looking at a T6.1 LWB which i will convert (this will be my 4th conversion) but just scanning the price list and the T32 is a $3000NZD upgrade here in NZ (about 1500 quid)
i am thinking do i really need T32?

I will have a pop top on, Rusty lee seat and side kitchen as the main weighty things, i have seen pics with them a bit low on the back but then you can get some uprated rear springs.
i will be going for the Bi Turbo engine and i am not fussed about lowering of tinkering with suspension.

Not sure if it's the same situation over there but in the UK T32's usually get bigger front brakes and a heavier duty front hub assembly as well.

Bigger brakes are an upgrade or standard for the higher power models. Its nowt to do with load rating.
In my essentially irrelevant experience the T32 is quite firm and a terrible idea if you regularly drive empty. If you plan on adding weighty things then it makes sense as you can quite quickly hit the weight limit on the lower capacity models.

It was my understanding that it was the higher weight rating combined with higher output engine which gives rise to bigger brakes and as they already state that they are ordering the BiTdi engine I thought my input was relevant, maybe I'll keep my mouth shut in future eh?

Back