T-L Powerfold Mirrors Not As They Should Be.

Reactions: mmi
Robert,

Looking at your thread and the Option 2, you have installed. Please can you proved me a link to the exact relays you used in this set up.

I have just ordered a module, similar to yours as I want to rule in or our the module I currently have.

Many thanks Jason

Robert,

Hi, I now have your solution installed using two relays. To start with fine cycled the mirror switch several times and then unlock/lock from the remote again several times.

Thought I was getting somewhere, ah but wait. Ignition live is blowing the inline 3amp fuse I have in place. I appreciate your diagram doesn't show a 3amp fuse.
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 12.26.47.png

The original kit I have supplied from Travel Lite did have so I have kept that in place.

Sorry, but any ideas.

Regards Jason

Robert,

Hi, I now have your solution installed using two relays. To start with fine cycled the mirror switch several times and then unlock/lock from the remote again several times.

Thought I was getting somewhere, ah but wait. Ignition live is blowing the inline 3amp fuse I have in place. I appreciate your diagram doesn't show a 3amp fuse.
View attachment 59834

The original kit I have supplied from Travel Lite did have so I have kept that in place.

Sorry, but any ideas.

Regards Jason
Can you clarify what did you interface your 2 relays with?
And you are right my drawing is not accurate. I will post revised version soon.

Can you clarify what did you interface your 2 relays with?

Exactly as your diagram with the addition of White +12v Ignition 3amp inline fuse, to supply module and two pins on each relay, 86 87a and 86 87 on the other relay. Then pin 85 on both relay to the interior mirror switch.

As said +12v ignition supply fuse, blows as soon as I connected power.

Regards Jason

What did you connect your 2 relays to?
EDIT.
I presume you have now new power folding module?
Can post the photo of this unit?
Did it come with wiring diagram?
If so can you post it here as well?

Last edited:
Robert

Evening, apologies I've been out this evening.

Yes, I have a new module to try, this is what I purchased:
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 20.52.25.png

I got a wiring diagram, with the unit:
IMG_8366.jpg

I then followed the wiring as per your Option 2 on this thread Power fold mirror retrofit with fold on remote lock

With the two extra relays.

Wiring as follows:
Module Brown to Red/Black Mirrors LHS & RHS
Module Green to Brown/Red Mirrors LHS & RHS
Module Black to Ground
Module Blue to PIN 30 Relay 1 (top relay in your diagram thread link above)
Module Yellow to PIN 30 Relay 2 (bottom relay in your diagram thread link above)
Module Red to Permanent +12v inline 7.5amp fused.
Module Pink (actually Purple on supplied module) to Blue/Yellow Unlock Wire
Module White ACC Ignition +12v inline 3amp fused, this ignition feed, after the fuse also goes to PIN 87a & 86 Relay 1 and PIN 87 & 86 Relay 2. Therefore same ignition +12v wire with inline fuse feeds all five connections.
(hmm is this my error, in that the relays should only connect to the Module White and not have a direct ignition +12v feed?)
Module Orange to Purple Lock Wire

PIN 87 Relay 1 ground
PIN 87a Relay 2 ground

PIN 85 Relay 1 Mirror switch PIN 8
PIN 85 Relay 2 Mirror switch PIN 8

Worked for a few cycles both on mirror switch and remote lock and unlock, now constantly blowing the 3amp fuse on ignition +12v, feeds five connections.

Hope that helps you understand.

Thanks really appreciate trying to solve this.

Regards Jason

Robert

View attachment 59847

View attachment 59848

I then followed the wiring as per your Option 2 on this thread Power fold mirror retrofit with fold on remote lock

Wiring as follows:
Module Black to Ground
Module Yellow to PIN 30 Relay 2 (bottom relay in your diagram thread link above)
Module White ACC Ignition +12v inline 3amp fused, this ignition feed, after the fuse also goes to PIN 87a & 86 Relay 1 and PIN 87 & 86 Relay 2. Therefore same ignition +12v wire with inline fuse feeds all five connections.
(hmm is this my error, in that the relays should only connect to the Module White and not have a direct ignition +12v feed?)

PIN 87 Relay 1 ground
PIN 87a Relay 2 ground

Worked for a few cycles both on mirror switch and remote lock and unlock, now constantly blowing the 3amp fuse on ignition +12v, feeds five connections.

Regards Jason
Easy peasy you need one changeover relay thats it.
check my diagram.

Robert

View attachment 59847

View attachment 59848

Wiring as follows:
Module Black to Ground

PIN 87 Relay 1 ground
PIN 87a Relay 2 ground

Regards Jason
I presume you are doing your testing with both mirror folding motors connected.
Can you disconnect both and try when there is no load?
And then try with just one mirror motor connected and report.

Evgeni,

Hi evening, I wasn't ignoring your diagram or assistance but when following that the mirror switch simply didn't work. Lock and unlock on remote was fine and worked every time on my 10 cycles of unlock and lock.

Regards Jason

I presume you are doing your testing with both mirror folding motors connected.
Can you disconnect both and try when there is no load?
And then try with just one mirror connected and report.

Will do I'll try that tomorrow.

Can you confirm if I've got this right as currently wired?

Thanks

i did mysel as cheap is posible. my wire diagram

View attachment 59493
Thanks for posting this wiring diagram. Unfortunately this wiring method doesn't work with majority of Chinese modules that I have tried. These modules require (both + and - ) to be reversed in order to send "fold in" or "fold out" output. In addition this single relay puts constant load on the battery when mirrors are folded in manually.

Last edited:
Will do I'll try that tomorrow.

Can you confirm if I've got this right as currently wired?

Thanks
You are 100% correct with your wiring;):thumbsup:

Thanks for posting this wiring diagram. Unfortunately this wiring method doesn't work with majority of Chinese modules that I have tried. These modules require (both + and - ) to be reversed in order to send fold in or fold out output. In addition this single relay puts constant load on the battery when mirrors are folded in manually.
over 2 yars no problem at all.

Afternoon all.

Thought I would provide an update on the current situation.

Last week, the passenger mirror started to judder and make an awful noise when unfolding, whist I continued test the module and Roberts solution. Eventually after a couple of tried the mirrors completley stopped working. I have to wait a couple of days to receive a replacement mirror. With this fitted the module has now started to work every time both on the remote and the mirror switch. Currently using the original module, a spare has now arrived as it was though it may be software version related.

Potentially all the time it was a faulty mirror causing issues and blowing fuses.

We live and learn - thanks all, especially Robert for you help on this one. Will continue to test before fully installing and refitting interior panels.

Jay

Back