TüV for poptops

d8smt

Hi all,

Still looking at options for a camper/day van. One question I have about the poptops is the TüV compliance and it's importance abroad to have it.

So I know what the TÜV testing is, but my question is - what are the implications of (regularly) driving a van abroad, particularly in the DACH region, with a poptop that is not TÜV certified? Is it likely to be a problem/illegal/insurance issue?

Reason for asking is that I've found quite a decent van but with a Drivelodge roof, which is not TÜV certified, and I will be making regular visits to Germany.

cheers
Dave

Honestly cannot imagine that is going to be an issue specially something that is not safety related. I doubt THQ headlights etc are TUV approved for example.

If it is legal in the UK then it is legal to drive it abroad.

Might have trouble if you moved there and tried to import it.

Hi all,

Still looking at options for a camper/day van. One question I have about the poptops is the TüV compliance and it's importance abroad to have it.

So I know what the TÜV testing is, but my question is - what are the implications of (regularly) driving a van abroad, particularly in the DACH region, with a poptop that is not TÜV certified? Is it likely to be a problem/illegal/insurance issue?

Reason for asking is that I've found quite a decent van but with a Drivelodge roof, which is not TÜV certified, and I will be making regular visits to Germany.

cheers
Dave
If it’s a road legal UK registered van, then you’re over worrying.

I suspect you're overthinking it but Drivelodge as a brand might need a bit more research in terms of general reputation - personally, I've never heard of them (but that doesnt neccessarily mean that they're not any good).

I suspect you're overthinking it but Drivelodge as a brand might need a bit more research…..
You have now, and I bet their google hits have shot up. That reminds me, I need to cut my astroturf……. :whistle:

Last edited:
Back