Swivels (in Australia)

Unclebob

Australian member
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

I'm looking to get some swivels for my T6 transporter. From what I've gathered, ALL swivels will require engineer certification regardless, but I've managed to find one with ADR approval.
Most come only with TUV/GS certification. I assume these can probably be signed off by an engineer but will probably be more work checking against ADR requirements so more $$$ for the privilege. Does anybody have any idea of how much extra?

This is the one with ADR approval which appears to be made by FASP but doesn't list the exact model. SHOP - selected parts for campervans and motorhomes

Has anybody had experience with this model? I'm concerned I'll spend my coin on buying them, getting them engineered, then have issues with squeaking/rattling and want to ditch them :/

I put a swivel base on my passenger seat, it came with a certificate which was accepted by the SA government inspector. Enquire what is supplied with the swivel bases and if it is acceptable by your state rego dept.
The reason it is important is for safety and legal and insurance reasons in the event of an accident.

I put a swivel base on my passenger seat, it came with a certificate which was accepted by the SA government inspector. Enquire what is supplied with the swivel bases and if it is acceptable by your state rego dept.
The reason it is important is for safety and legal and insurance reasons in the event of an accident.
Interesting. I was told that I'd need to get it engineered by the company selling the seat. In NSW it appears if it's already got ADR certification I may only need to have it certified by a NSW endorsed vehicle certifier, which I suspect will be significantly cheaper than engineering and swivel me strongly in favour of the ADR certified option.

I had two swivel mechanisms fitted by KombiLife in Sydney when i bought the van. Registered in SA following government inspection but no certification requested.

I had two swivel mechanisms fitted by KombiLife in Sydney when i bought the van. Registered in SA following government inspection but no certification requested.
Thanks @Scriv - what swivels did you end up going with? Are you happy with them? Life caught up with me and I still haven't bought any :)

Hi UncleBob, check out this link to the product page. There is also a video worth watching in the page which demonstrates the swivels further.

A minor mod to the seat rear plastic panel and there is a knack to turn (handbrake down/seat forward), but we have been happy with them.

(Let me know if link doesn't work).

Last edited:
Hey there! Sorry for the late response. I hope you were able to find the swivels you were looking for. I actually don't know much about swivels for T6 transporters, but I stumbled upon an interesting article about water swivels for drilling.
Very helpful, thank you :)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back