Swb Conversion, Rear Bathroom Style

apm101

Hi all,

I'm new here. We are a family of 3 (one son of ten), and currently use and love an old Talbot Express moho. We feel this is just too big and old for us, and are keen to downsize and modernise.

We took a long look at a T6-based Autohaus Camelot today, and really like the layout with the rear bathroom, RIB twin beds and pop-up roof. The one we looked at is out of our price range, but we'd be keen to have something like this, if we can.

We are hoping to source a good SWB T6 Euro 6 (has to be this, as we live in kent on the outskirts of London, and will need to go into the ULEZ), and have it converted. So far, we know about Autohaus and Bodan's, but both are quite along way from us. Are there any good converters in the SE that would be able to do this?

Many thanks!

Thanks obg- your van looks fantastic!

Somerset is a bit if a trej frin Kent (further from E Anglia, mind). Looks like it would be worth it, though.

Thanks obg- your van looks fantastic!

Somerset is a bit if a trej frin Kent (further from E Anglia, mind). Looks like it would be worth it, though.
Try this thread,

Converter Reviews

VW-T are worth checking out I am considering them. Also Sussex Campervans might be worth a look - they have a lot of you tube content...

Thanks all.

The main issue is that we need a lavatory available during the night, and want to be off grid in a space that won't fit a tailgate tent. I've tried racking my brains to find a solution that will work with the usual internal configuration (ie without the rear bathroom), but no joy. Suggestions welcome!!

Have a look at CMC Multistyle van. It has two single beds but I think Danbury and Bilbo do single seats you can push together into a double.

We have one but didn’t go for the fitted toilet but a porta potti which we store and use at the back of the van. It has a modesty door which can be handy for use when stopping say at lunchtime somewhere. Draw the curtains and no one knows what you’re up to. We also use the space to shower in with our Heath Robinson shower set up.

Middlesex Motorhomes Matrix.
We tested one for Which Motorhome a few years back, and it was nice.
Bilbo's, of South Goldstone will now convert your own van, too.

Thanks all. I really like the Devon and Bilbo, but we need 4 berths, and those only seem to have the two. Which is a shame!

Have a look at the Multistyle at CMC at Hythe

4 seatbelts and two single beds downstairs and a double up in the pop top.

Hi,
We have had two Bilbo's conversions. The first, a T5 SWB Nexa, we bought second hand from Bilbos and although 8 years old with 47k miles on the clock it was in immaculate condition. In four years, we drove 13k miles (over 5k on the continent) and spent 67 nights in it. We had no problems with the conversion but the base vehicle needed some work - probably because of its age. Both the driver’s and passenger's door window mechanisms were replaced. There was an oil leak under the turbocharger and before we sold it, we replaced the leisure battery.

When Bilbos introduced the Space model, we realised that we could use this as our only vehicle because it did not look too much like a campervan and yet had all the facilities we need when camping. We have a Porta-Potti which means we don't have to go out in the middle of the night. I find it hard to visualise a short wheelbase T6 with four beds. Bilbos offer a bed in the roof but there is less space in their very solid pop-top than in those that resemble tents.

I agree with all the comments about Bilbos in the earlier posts. They are not cheap but they are well thought out, have few gimmicks, are well made and wear well. We have found the staff friendly, helpful and patient. They buy back their own conversions, so do visit them to see what is coming in before it reaches their website or discuss a new vehicle if there is nothing suitable.

Re-reading this, it seems like a sales pitch for Bilbos but we have been very pleased with their service. If you would like more factual details, please PM me.

Hi again,
Unlike the standard Space model, Bilbos have not blocked up the rear side windows, so the comment that our van doesn't "look too much like a campervan" is more applicable that with the standard version. Also, none of the internal fittings are higher than the bottom of the windows.

034E71D5-531A-48E7-A187-BF23FF839447.jpeg
A fantastic bit of kit, fits between the swivelled front seats and fits my girlfriends arse.
It doubles up as a fuel can.

Thanks all.

The main issue is that we need a lavatory available during the night, and want to be off grid in a space that won't fit a tailgate tent. I've tried racking my brains to find a solution that will work with the usual internal configuration (ie without the rear bathroom), but no joy. Suggestions welcome!!

Nexa-style layout with 4 travel seats and two internal beds, toilet usable at night, and an awning for the child(ren)who would find that a grand adventure, and give you (and them) some night-time privacy. In our view, the Transporter is too small for four to live in at night or if it's raining.
Many alternatives with this layout - Nexa, Lezan, CMC Reimo Hi-Style, Jerba Sanna, Nu-Venture Quart (ours), Leisure drive Vivante, Greenline RG500 + loads more.

HI I have a bilbos nexa that I bought
Nexa-style layout with 4 travel seats and two internal beds, toilet usable at night, and an awning for the child(ren)who would find that a grand adventure, and give you (and them) some night-time privacy. In our view, the Transporter is too small for four to live in at night or if it's raining.
Many alternatives with this layout - Nexa, Lezan, CMC Reimo Hi-Style, Jerba Sanna, Nu-Venture Quart (ours), Leisure drive Vivante, Greenline RG500 + loads mo

Hi I bought a bilbos nexa from new for myself and two grandchildren. I use an awning just incase of bad weather but generally in fine weather we manage ok. I think for 4 people it would be a squeeze.

A word if warning though, I've had severe condensation issues with the pop top roof when someone is sleeping up there. (Advise given by bilbos was to get a microfibre cloth and mop it up). At 2am in the morning not very practical.
I'm camping by myself at the mo just had heavy rain and winds and now rain is coming in through the air vent at the top of the roof. I will be contacting Bilbos on my return...so will update you.

Reactions: CAB
Back