Vw T6 Reimo Trio High-style And Escape Conversions - Would Love Opinions

algled

T6 Pro
We are a family of 5 and have x3 little children (1, 3 and 5yo) and I am looking to convert our recently purchased T6 Kombi T32 150 Highline 4Motion SWB to a flexible camper.

I like the look of the Reimo T6 Trio High-Style conversion - particularly the roof and rail system seating.

Does anyone have one of these? Thoughts would be very welcome...
VW T6 Trio High-Style | Concept Multi-Car | VW and Reimo Campervan Conversions and Dealers
VW T6 Escape | Concept Multi-Car | VW and Reimo Campervan Conversions and Dealers

What are the alternatives?

My needs are:
- front hinging roof (with bed)
- x3 moveable/removable seats in rear (already have x2 captain seats in the front and want them to swivel)
- sink, x2gas hobs and fridge... and plenty of storage.
- furniture/trimming needs to be robust!
- (not keen on too much carpet lining!! :))

I do like the ability to add a further x2 buddy seats so we can take family with us too

I am less keen on the look of the Reimo cupboards but they do seem to be very practical. I perhaps should consider others for the furniture.

We have a Trio Style conversion from CMC, it's not the high-style variation but the differences there are purely cosmetic I think. We also have three kids, like you. My main feedback would be:

1) The general kitchen/unit/cupboard quality is very good, it's not flashy looking compared to some of the more curved/shiny conversions out there but it's extremely well built, hard wearing and you'd struggle to beat it for pure practicality - which is what you need if you have three kids.
2) The sliding seat is excellent, we frequently adjust it backwards and forwards to juggle living vs load carrying space.
3) There is (just about) room in the pop-top for three pre-teenage kids to sleep.
4) We definitely added bits in the couple of years since we got the main conversion done, specifically a large solar panel, better headlights and I'm just in the process of adding a waste water tank.

The main caveat to this is we have a LWB version and so naturally get a foot or so extra space, which is extremely welcome with three kids - I think we would struggle with longer trips in a SWB. We lived in it for three weeks last summer and it worked brilliantly.

Happy to answer more specific questions if you have them.

We had CMC convert our T6T32LWB Kombi to a Multistyle so cant help you in the bed as we have a different arrangement. However, we are really pleased with the roof and quality of the cupboards and drawers (much nicer than many we saw). No carpet lining anywhere in ours. Good range of floor choices as well.

All work well and although things like water and waste are very simplistic compared to other converters we like the simplicity. After sales support has been great. We don’t have the bed in the roof but thinking of adding it.

Minor niggle is that the electric control panel is very basic and would like a better system of monitoring The leisure battery but I guess I could retrofit something.

We have the solar panel and it really helps for off grid camping but there is only two of us and no kids to worry about.

We had CMC convert our T6T32LWB Kombi to a Multistyle so cant help you in the bed as we have a different arrangement. However, we are really pleased with the roof and quality of the cupboards and drawers (much nicer than many we saw). No carpet lining anywhere in ours. Good range of floor choices as well.

All work well and although things like water and waste are very simplistic compared to other converters we like the simplicity. After sales support has been great. We don’t have the bed in the roof but thinking of adding it.

Minor niggle is that the electric control panel is very basic and would like a better system of monitoring The leisure battery but I guess I could retrofit something.

We have the solar panel and it really helps for off grid camping but there is only two of us and no kids to worry about.

I wanted better battery monitoring too. I investigated a variety of complicated options but in the end just used one of these:

CTX BATTERY SENSE

Simply fit it across the terminals of your leisure battery and you can monitor battery levels (full reading every five minutes) through an app on your phone. It's extremely convenient and, from what I can tell, pretty accurate. I was so impressed, I fitted one to my starter battery too!

I wanted better battery monitoring too. I investigated a variety of complicated options but in the end just used one of these:

CTX BATTERY SENSE

Simply fit it across the terminals of your leisure battery and you can monitor battery levels (full reading every five minutes) through an app on your phone. It's extremely convenient and, from what I can tell, pretty accurate. I was so impressed, I fitted one to my starter battery too!
Excellent, thanks. Will go and see how accessible the leisure battery is via-a-vis getting at the terminals. Cheers. Mark

No problem. Happy to help. I see we live in the same town so feel free to PM me and come and have a look and ask any questions. But don’t let the wife know you have an Acapulco Blue as that was the colour she wanted!

Back