Swansea Van Centre - Reviews

ajh4446

Hi All

I'm looking for reviews of Swansea Van Centre to compare experiences. I have my own dealings with them, and will keep them to myself for the time being, but due to ongoing circumstances, and the fact that Swansea Van Centre seems to intentionally limit public reviews, you can guess where I'm heading with this discussion.

Principally I want reviews on the vans themselves. Quality of the product received, reality of making use of their warranty, and any surprises later down the line. Dealing with the owner, I'm less concerned about.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi All

I'm looking for reviews of Swansea Van Centre to compare experiences. I have my own dealings with them, and will keep them to myself for the time being, but due to ongoing circumstances, and the fact that Swansea Van Centre seems to intentionally limit public reviews, you can guess where I'm heading with this discussion.

Principally I want reviews on the vans themselves. Quality of the product received, reality of making use of their warranty, and any surprises later down the line. Dealing with the owner, I'm less concerned about.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Would that be the same as this one, Sinclair?

@ajh4446 we bought our van from Sinclair them 18 months ago. When we collected the van there were a couple of bits that'd I'd previously flagged up that hadn't been addressed (IIRC, touching up paint chips, replacement dash 'button', plus a coupe of other bits), which required a return visit and renumeration the they again omitted to touch up the paint. This was frustrating given we're in Bristol, but not manageable. I see you're from Aldershot, so possibly something to be even more mindful of.

As an upshot the price was significantly cheaper than comparable vehicles at a time prices were probably at their peak, and secured a further discount. Moreover, their poor attention to detail worked in our favour. The specification hadn't detailed that the van came with a factory fitted detachable towbar and I believe heated seats, so I kept schtum about that when I noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ajh4446 we bought our van from them 18 months ago. When we collected the van there were a couple of bits that'd I'd previously flagged up that hadn't been addressed (IIRC, touching up paint chips, replacement dash 'button', plus a coupe of other bits), which required a return visit and renumeration the they again omitted to touch up the paint. This was frustrating given we're in Bristol, but not manageable. I see you're from Aldershot, so possibly something to be even more mindful of.

As an upshot the price was significantly cheaper than comparable vehicles at a time prices were probably at their peak, and secured a further discount. Moreover, their poor attention to detail worked in our favour. The specification hadn't detailed that the van came with a factory fitted detachable towbar and I believe heated seats, so I kept schtum about that when I noticed.
Thank you for this.

I've already purchased the van, and trying to understand if my experience was an anomaly or not. You're right though, the return journeys haven't been ideal.

Anyone else?

Would that be the same as this one, Sinclair?
Hey.

No, to be clear these are different companies to my knowledge.

Bumping this post to try and get further reviews. At present the only reviews are a couple years old (though similar to my experience). I was told by SVC that they shift "hundreds" of vans each year, but I'm ever sceptical of that. However, if so I'd hope to find some more reviews on the company.

"I bought my van from Swansea van centre in November last year and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone I like. Although I got a pretty decent van for the money I paid, the van was not strictly as described. I tried on several occasions after buying mine to call and email him about the problems I had with it and he completely ignored me."

"I bought a VW Transporter T5 last july from Swansea Van Centre and within a few months we had big problems with it."

Back