Strange Behaviour Of Heated Mirrors

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
When I picked up the van the heated mirrors were not working.

I have had them replaced and are now working, but only when the heated rear screen is switched on.

If the heated rear screen is on then the heated mirrors come on even if the mirror switch is not in the heated position.

The mirrors dont heat up with the mirror switch in the heated position (if the heated screen is not on)

Is this normal operation or do I need to get them checked out?

This is a change that can be adapted with either Carista or VCDS. I don’t think that the mirrors will defrost, even with rear window demister turned on, unless the mirror control knob is turned to defrost. Could be wrong.
This is what I coded mine to do with Carista.

Yeah just needs programming back to standard and it will work independently on the twisty switch

Thanks, can that be done with Carista or VCDS? Dealer I bought from is 360mile round trip :(

Think my carista is still subscribed mate if you want to meet up?
Scratch that it run out on the 24th :(

Thanks @Northern Monkey, I should have asked a few days earlier.

I have a Carista, but mine ran out as well. I cant remember any settings on how to do this though. Will plug it in and have a look see if its worth subscribing again. Or putting the money to a vcds if that will definitely do it. @Pauly?

Can anyone please confirm that this can be done with Carista or do I need to use VCDS? Thanks

have a look on the dellmassive post of carista how i did it he screenshot all the carista options page 7 of screenshot i think
Thanks, had a look but that only seems to make the mirrors heat when the window is on. Mine do that, but the mirrors wont heat on their own using the mirror switch and I cant see this mentioned in Carista.

Thanks, had a look but that only seems to make the mirrors heat when the window is on. Mine do that, but the mirrors wont heat on their own using the mirror switch and I cant see this mentioned in Carista.
perhaps with that option they dont work on the mirror switch only with the with the heated rear window maybe deselecting it
it reverts back to the switch

I cant find that bit in the vcds software :/
The bit 3 of byte 15?? Or the coding screen? Select Control Module --> 09-Cent.Elect --> Coding ...
You have latest VCDS software - at least version 18.9?

You can always select "LCode2" from top left to get just plain full "bit view" without decodes.
upload_2019-3-9_11-53-19.png

Last edited:
The bit 3 of byte 15?? Or the coding screen? Select Control Module --> 09-Cent.Elect --> Coding ...
You have latest VCDS software - at least version 18.9?

You can always select "LCode2" from top left to get just plain full "bit view" without decodes.
View attachment 38545
Thanks, will go and have another look.
Yes I have latest software. Only got the lead and installed it this week, so I've not had chance to have a good look yet.

Reactions: mmi
Back